State of Indie: Pyrodactyl Games

Kinshuk Sunil

Sep 3, 2011, 7:17:28 AM9/3/11
to ing...@googlegroups.com
We just published the State of Indie interview by Pyrodactyl Games. The interview can be read at http://ingd.in/state-of-indie/pyrodactyl-games

Use this thread to discuss the post.

--
Kinshuk Sunil
+919910024895

iam here

Sep 5, 2011, 3:51:51 AM9/5/11
to ing...@googlegroups.com
Hey that was a nice interview! :) Inspirational.

Best of luck to him.

shirish शिरीष

Dec 17, 2011, 11:57:52 AM12/17/11
to ing...@googlegroups.com
in-line :-

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 16:47, Kinshuk Sunil <kinshu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We just published the State of Indie interview by Pyrodactyl Games. The
> interview can be read at http://ingd.in/state-of-indie/pyrodactyl-games

I played the demo for 10 minutes and then gave up. Some things which I
think need to be improved are :-

a. Make it more obvious to the player what is to be done. Now its been
few weeks/months since I played it but I do remember not really
understanding what is to be done in the football field. There are/were
no helpful indicators what I need to do.

b. There was something similar to rock,paper,shotgun (actually it
should read rock,paper, scissors I do read that website number of
times hence the analogy) but for new gamers who do not know the rules
they don't know https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock-paper-scissors so
at least in the indian context that becomes a bit alien.

c.Now if its a rogue-like then basically it's all about levelling. I
found it hard to know what the score should be to level up and no
indicator if its about levelling.

I played it for 10 minutes and then gave up. Hopefully the guys get
better as they understand gamers better perhaps.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल