Introduction

GameFr33k

Apr 28, 2013, 1:43:45 AM4/28/13
to Indie GameDev India
Hello guys,

I am just a student pursuing my education. I have been using Game
Maker for quite a few years and am still learning the art of game
making.
I have, though, stalled all my games in progress due to lack of time
and hope.

Recently, my sudden inspiration to restart my work led me to search
for people like me in India, to find people with whom I can
collaborate to learn from, to make games with. Then, I came across
InGDIn. I have read a few posts, and am delightful to see the positive
response.
My question though is, can I achieve what I hope for through your
community?

Also, I have read about workshops being mentioned. Is there going to
be a workshop in Bangalore anytime soon?

Sincerely,
Anurag

Joel Johnson

Apr 28, 2013, 3:48:37 AM4/28/13
to ing...@googlegroups.com
Hey Anurag,

What are you looking to achieve? :)
With regard to workshops, not really - but there are a few meetups that happen for game developers. There's one coming up in Bangalore at the end of May/early June.

Regards,
Joel.

Indie GameDev India Community
http://indiegamedev.in

---

Yadu Rajiv

Apr 28, 2013, 5:19:13 AM4/28/13
to ing...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anurag :)

As of now, no one here has any workshops planned in Bangalore, except for the one Joel mentioned which is a NASSCOM Gaming forum meetup. Also, we are trying to work with NASSCOM for another BYOG during the upcoming NGDC 2013 like we did the last two years.

To answer your question, yes, that was what this community was here for from the beginning. Post about your existing projects, ask for help, ask for people to join your projects, do pretty much what you want to.

With that said, the landscape has changed in the last five years; and now, most of the indie/other gamedev community is spread out over a couple of places and a different group of people are active in all these different forums. It might also be wise to check them out. They are...

other interesting places include,

Video Game Designers (INDIA) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/271436529598723/

Also, InGDIn is on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ingdin

Hope to hear more about your project and collaborate on awesome stuff soon :)

peace,
Yadu

@yadurajiv