INVITATION: Networking for local online news community entrepreneurs / Oct. 28 / DC

Bill Densmore

Oct 19, 2010, 2:32:01 PM10/19/10
to jtm...@googlegroups.com, RJI-Fellows-Google, info...@googlegroups.com

Are you going to be in Washington, D.C., next week during the Online News
Association annual convention? Can you be?

If you can, please join J-Lab, the Reynolds Journalism Institute and
National Public Radio -- for a FREE "Community News Caucus" networking
session for local online news community entrepreneurs. That's Thurs., Oct.
28, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at NPR headquarters, 635 Massachusetts
Ave. NW

WHAT'S THIS ABOUT:
http://www.mediagiraffe.org/wiki/index.php/Community-news-caucus

JUST WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN:
http://www.j-lab.org/page/community_news_caucus

IMMEDIATE FREE REGISTRATION:
http://communitynewscaucus.eventbrite.com/

The two-day ONA conference (Friday/Saturday) is sold out. But if you can
get to DC for the full day on Thursday, there may still be room at J-Lab's
day-long set of two workshops, "Fund My Media 2.0" and "Plugging in to
Networked Journalism." Together only $90:

J-LAB WORKSHOPS:
http://www.j-lab.org/workshops/page/2010_ona_workshops

And the Community News Caucus networking event is a time bridge -- with
hors d'oeuvres and refreshments -- between the end of J-Lab's workshops
at 5 p.m. and the ONA opening-night reception at 8 p.m.

So join us -- but you have to register so we have a head count.

Thanks!

-- bill

-------------------------------------
Bill Densmore, director/editor