OBO Metadata Ontology (OMO) and new release

jie zheng

May 3, 2020, 11:12:58 PM5/3/20
to information-ontology
Hi Everyone,

After a long-term discussion, OBO Foundry Operation committee decided to separate the metadata OWL file from Information Artifact Ontology (IAO) . An independent ontology, OBO Metadata Ontology (OMO), is registered to OBO Foundry and will hold the terms used as annotations of ontology terms for all OBO ontologies. So, it can be released as needed rather than bound to IAO.

The ontology registry details and related discussion can be seen in the issue tracker: https://github.com/OBOFoundry/OBOFoundry.github.io/issues/1149

I just made a release candidate of OMO. Please see the notes for changes including fixing the ROBOT tool reported errors, https://github.com/information-artifact-ontology/ontology-metadata/releases/tag/v2020-05-03.

Please let me know if you find any problems in a week.

Thanks,

Jie