Re: [IAO] Abridged summary of information-ontology@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

seanno...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2017, 9:05:58 PM11/27/17
to informatio...@googlegroups.com
This is the definition for representation (ICBO 2015):
REPRESENTATION =def. a QUALITY which is_about or is
intended to be about a PORTION OF REALITY (POR).

It renders more precise what was in the 2010 paper.

Werner

Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 8:51 PM
Subject: [IAO] Abridged summary of informatio...@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Hyunmin Cheong <hyunmin...@gmail.com>: Nov 26 08:27AM -0800

I'm currently developing an ontology for physics-based simulation in
engineering, which (I think) requires defining information content entities
that represent portions of reality involved in some ...more
"Hunter, Larry" <Larry....@ucdenver.edu>: Nov 27 05:18PM

I agree the discussion can be a bit confusing, but since your simulations all (presumably) use computers, you are safe with the IAO versions of ICE, etc. The stuff in the ICBO 2015 paper is primarily ...more

Hyunmin Cheong