The St. Cleve Chronicle V7 #58

Dave Steiner , The Moderator

Jun 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/6/96

** ____ __ __ ____ ___ __ __ **
** / /_/ /_ /_ / / / /_ / / /_ **
** / / / /__ __/ / . /___ /___ /__ \/ /__ **
** **
** ___ __ ___ ___ __ **
** / /_/ /_/ / / /\ / / / / /_ **
** /___ / / / \ /__/ / \/ / /___ /___ /__ **

The St. Cleve Chronicle Thursday, 6 Jun 1996 Volume 7 : Issue 58

Today's Topics:
tull usa tour leg 2
Tull show in Reno, NV
Tull and Entwistle Concert Comparison
Under Wraps really bad?
Tull & ELP at Jones Beach, NY, 8/30/96
Re: The St. Cleve Chronicle V7 #49 G**R
Re: Gay Tull Fans
Re: The St. Cleve Chronicle V7 #45
Re: The St. Cleve Chronicle V7 #50
Re: The St. Cleve Chronicle V7 #50
VELVET FLUTE
Misc.
Catfish Rising
20th Anniversary Collection (3 CDs)
Re: I Don't know...
Australian Concerts
More info: Whole Tull tour cancelled!
Ian Anderson seriously ill.........
A Classic Case London Symphony Orchestra Plays Jethro Tull
Columbia House

********
Administrivia: As some of you have noticed, messages in the digest are
a number of weeks behind the actual date. I've gotten behind in
getting digest messages out. This seems to be due to (1) a large
increase in subscribers and submissions, (2) timely messages about the
tour and such that needed to get out, and (3) my work schedule which
has been keeping me from getting a digest out every day. I had
increased the size of digests a while back but I'm really going to try
and get a digest out every day so that I can catch up. Hopefully most
people will enjoy the increased number of digests but for those that
can't keep up, hopefully things will go back to "normal" in a week or
so. Thanks for being patient everyone! -ds

From: RQQ...@prodigy.com ( RICHARD A KRATZ)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 23:08:17, -0500
Subject: tull usa tour leg 2

hi folks! according to the new A.N.D. i just received, the second
leg of the RTB american tour has been cancelled along with the
aforementioned aussie tour. sorry to all who have yet to witness
this new tour. until later! rick kratz.

[I've heard elsewhere that it's not officially cancelled yet. We'll
have to see. My feeling is that Ian will check with his doctors in
the UK before really cancelling the US tour. -ds]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 10:57:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dan Spinogatti <d...@unr.edu>
Subject: Tull show in Reno, NV

Just thought I'd share my enthuiasm.... I went to pick up my tix yesterday
from the Reno Hilton box office, where Tull/ELP will be performing on
Sept. 25th. I ordered over the phone last week right when they went on
sale. Much to my delight....the seats are 5th row center!! :-) Any other
SCCers out there going to this show? I've seen several concerts at this
outdoor venue over the past couple of years, and I must say that it's one
of the best. Crisp, clear sound system, not a bad seat in the house, etc.
And reasonable ticket prices, to boot.

I was lucky enough to meet and chat with none other that Martin Barre
following a radio promo he did here in July 1994 in regards to his first
solo album. What a great and friendly guy. I happended to have the
Nightcap CD in the car with me, and stopped by to say hi and try and have
him autograph the CD booklet. He was vacationing with the wife and kids
up at Lake Tahoe, and they ventured down to Reno for the day (about 45
min. by car). He told me he dropped the wife/kids of at the local water
theme park so that he could get over to the radio station! At the end of
our conversation, I suggested that the band would really be well suited to
an outdoor summer show at the Reno Hilton. Maybe he took the suggestion
up to Ian himself... (well, I doubt it, but nonetheless, I can't wait to
be grooving in those 5th row seats!) For anyone else who is planning to
attend this show, please drop me a line at d...@equinox.unr.edu

Be seeing ya,

Dan
- ---I

------------------------------

From: YME...@prodigy.com (MR THOMAS G FARRELL JR)
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 22:41:01, -0500
Subject: Tull and Entwistle Concert Comparison

- -- [ From: Hotspur * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Date: Sat, 6 Apr 96 14:09 EST
From: kaz...@aol.com (Taylor Martin)
Subject: Tull on Friday Night on NBC

RE: "In contrast, a month or so ago I saw John Entwistle of
the Who in a club here in Indianapolis. Now, if people want to talk
about a horrible sounding and definitely should be retired voice, that
would be John. The bass playing was flawless, but if he hit two notes
in a row in tune, I didn't hear it. The most disappointing concert by
a "superstar" that I have ever heard in my 43 years."

(Laughing) I personally know some people who actually shelled out
$250 to "sponsor" that tour! But your observations are basically the
same as all but the *most* diehard Entwistle fans, who were blinded by
the noise, apparently. Be warned, however: despite the sonic
vulgarity of the JAE "Nostalgia Rules" tour, on the second leg of JAE
tour (this summer), they are planning to make a live album of one of
the shows!
This discussion of the Entwistle tour, and the Who's impending re-
union at Hyde Park, London, 29 June 1996, leads me to this observation:
Of all the (first and second wave) British Invasion bands still
together, Tull is the last of the lot still playing new, vital music.
The Entwistle Tour spoke (surely, "screeched") for itself; The Who re-
union promises to be a vulgar All-Star re-hash of old material; The
Kinks, with Ray and Dave Davies bickering in their respective
autobiographies, appear to be breaking up; the Rolling Stones are...
well, two words: "Voodoo Lounge."
Tull, by comparison, has radically revamped their sound, and
from what I've heard on VELVET FLUTE, they sound great. Very taut and
crisp. True, they don't garner the attention the Stones or the Who
receive, but Tull is still producing excellent music. The same can't
be said of most of their contemporaries. So, Tull fans, be proud,
damn proud!
Please note that I did *not* cite Zeppelin/Page/Plant in the above
list of Tull contemporaries. Page/Plant ended Zeppelin immediately
upon Bonham's death. Moreover, Page/Plant have recently (rumor has it)
finished 8 new songs in the studio, so it's prudent, I feel, to
withhold judgment until the new material is released. If the new
material is as good as "Wonderful One," the one new track on NO QUARTER,
it augurs well. Besides, John Paul Jones is supposedly involved in
P/P's new material, which will only make it better.
Thanks for your patience, sorry for the lack of Tull content!
Every good wish--Tom Farrell

------------------------------

Date: 16 May 1996 10:52:35 +1000
From: "Robert Hood" <Rober...@uow.edu.au>
Subject: Under Wraps really bad?

Regarding statements about how 'bad' an album Under Wraps is:

Personally, I've always liked UW -- despite the fact that it is so un-Tullish
and despite the fact that, as a drummer myself, I was greatly offended by the
drum machine. Some of the songs I don't like a great deal ('General Crossing'
for example), but it has always struck me as being an interesting Tull
experiment, especially as Ian works the metaphor of espionage etc. really well
throughout the lyrics, and because some of the songs display superb build up
and musical structuring. Over time, I even came to tolerate the drum machine,
especially as Ian programmed it so well -- better than other sustained 'drum
machine' efforts I've heard.

I was interested to read in the recent 'Record Collector' (March 1996)
run-down of Tull albums that both Ian and Martin have expressed a particular
liking for the album. Martin said it is the only Tull album he listens to for
pleasure rather than for 'reference'. Ian too said he enjoys listening to it,
that his singing on the album was some of his best, and that he thought it was
musically exciting and challenging.

The fact that these masters of their various arts like UW so much sent me back
to it with renewed interest, and should warn us not to be too dismissive of
it. Maybe, as individuals, we don't care for the style -- but it obviously
can't be dismissed as a 'bad album'. I guess it's the distance of its
deviation from standard Tull (whatever that is) which makes it so hated in
some circles.

The same applies to Catfish Rising, I believe. It's very bluesy, and I like it
for that. Others obviously hate it for the same reason.

As an aside, I might add that I was at the first Sydney concert a few days
ago. The boys played brilliantly and the only 'low points' could be found in
Ian's vocals. In some songs he didn't seem to be having any problem --
specifically the new ones from RtB -- but others were very dodgy (esp.
Aqualung). I wish they had played more new stuff, because the live renditions
of those great songs from RtB are even greater than the originals! As the
concert progressed Ian seemed to be straining more and more -- and to my
disappointment, some songs that have been highlights of the play list were
dropped -- 'Budapest', for instance. Nevertheless, it was a wonderful concert
and even my barely Tull-tolerant 15-year-old son enjoyed it.

However, it is obvious that Ian was in a lot of pain during the concert and
the strain of it all was too much. The remainder of the Australian tour has
been cancelled, I believe. I hope Ian takes care of himself. I want him to be
making music for as long as I'm here to revel in it.

Cheers,
Robert Hood

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 10:44:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gerry Yurchison <ger...@gateway.grumman.com>
Subject: Tull & ELP at Jones Beach, NY, 8/30/96

Thru the efforts of my patient wife, we have been able to secure two
tickets to the 8/31 Jones Beach concert of Tull and Emerson, Lake & Palmer!
Now I have to wait for the end of the summer!
I truly hope, Ian is feeling much better and has a full recovery.
Question: the concert is billed as Jethro Tull with Special Guest, and of
course, ELP. Who is the special guest???? Dave Pegg? Andy Giddings? Does
anyone hazard a guess? Regards, Gerryy.

------------------------------

From: Kevin Thurston <kth...@watson.den.csci.csc.com>
Subject: Re: The St. Cleve Chronicle V7 #49 G**R
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 13:25:18 MDT

> From: "Bill Hemphill" <HEMP...@TECH.EAST-TENN-ST.EDU>
> Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 13:22:06 GMT-5
> Subject: G**R
>
> Thank you, Michael, for putting to rest one of the great mysteries
> of my life.
>
> Mr. Hurst's response should be added immediately to The Jethro Tull
> WWW Server FAQ. Please! Solving the G**R puzzle was THE FIRST
> thing I tried to do when I got into the Tull FAQ; I was so depressed
> when I discovered that the answer was not on-line.
>
> Bill

I hate to spoil things for you, but I recall an interview with Ian
where he was asked about this. He said that there is no such word as G**R and
that they didn't want it to be identified with an actual word. That and to
drive people crazy. He also said that the album cover was more work than the
album itself.

- -Kevin Thurston

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 20:20:11 -0600 (MDT)
From: Queen Victoria <ceb2...@tec.oz.cc.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Gay Tull Fans

To counter the bizarre notions of some, there are other people in
the world who are fans of Tull AND gay. I happen to be one of them, but
that is beside the point. I'm posting to say I'm rather disappointed
that someone even bothered to post to ask around for other gay Tull
fans. I read the SCC to keep up with Jethro Tull, not to learn about
other peoples' sexual orientation. If I wanted some sort of dating
service or support group I'd go elsewhere.

If anyone feels the need to respond to me about this, don't take
up space in the SCC. E-mail me privately at c.e.b...@m.cc.utah.edu .
Thanks.

- -Craig

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 01:42:22 -0400
From: Geoffrey Reiss <mid...@nando.net>
Subject: Re: The St. Cleve Chronicle V7 #45

Hey--

>>A bit off the JT subject, but how many folks know that a large part of Zep's
"The Lemon Song" come from an old standard, interpreted in a hard
driving
fashon by the semi-supergroup, "Electric Flag" a few years earlier, and
entitled "Killin' Floor"?

Actually, that main part is by Robert Johnson, legendary bluesman,
recorded in the early '30s...I forget Johnson's song title, but the
lyrics are almost identical, word-for-word...

- -Geoffrey

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 14:39:15 -0500
From: "Douglas R. Jones" <djo...@iex.com>
Subject: Re: The St. Cleve Chronicle V7 #50

At 12:28 AM 5/17/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 16:01:23 -0400 (EDT)
>From: "R. Andrew Bowyer" <rabo...@nrv.net>
>Subject: Flying So High...
>
>Ladies and Gentlemen:
>
>Greetings...In a recent issue of the Cleve, Joseph Cimmino
><jos...@sequoia.sequoia.com>, made the following observation:
>
>Actually, according to the RtoB tour book, Andrew Giddings is the only
>smoker in the band, so I am inclined to believe that Ian gave up smoking.
>And GOOD for him! : )

I am not sure this is true. I am trying to jar my slightly less than stellar
memory.....After the Dallas show we had the priviledge of having a couple of
beers in the bar at the hotel where the boys and family were staying. While
sitting there I had a chance to observe as well as chat with the band
members. After all a guy has to get an autograph doesn't he? Anyway I can
say that Andy does smoke and so does Ians wife. I am almost positive I saw
Ian smoking as well. There you have it. Take it for what it is worth.

By the way if you get the chance ask Andy for his autograph. He has a very
unique one!

Doug
'I am a traveler of | Douglas R. Jones
both Time and Space' | IEX Corporation
Led Zeppelin | (214)301-1307

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 16:01:35 -0400 (EDT)
From: celticblue <alo...@HUGSE1.HARVARD.EDU>

reply to our friend in Spain (?)

> From: "Alumno ETSI Telecomunicacion" <jvar...@etsit.upv.es>
> Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 11:56:58 +0000
> Subject: You forgot some Celts...
>
> Hi all. While reading one of the last articles about the subject "Is
> England Celtic or what?" I noticed one message where it was said that
> "Celtic refers to Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall and Brittany -
> AND THESE ALONE".
i was one of the folk in on this whole Tull-Celtic discussion and not once
do I recall this quotation appearing; and certainly not with those CAPS
you cite...next time if you are quoting, please use the poster's exact
words; it is not really appropriate to misquote just to make your point,
unless you *say* you are paraphrasing...

Well, I disagree: you forgot Galicia, on the
> Northwest of Spain. And I'm not the only one who says this; if some
Yes you are quite right!! My apologies for not including this on the
occasions I may have listed the Celtic countries; Others to be included
while we're at it: the Isle of Man, Nova Scotia..others?
Thanks for your observation.

also to our friend in Nottingham:

> From: GATZKE MARCUS <LIYO...@lin3.smf.nottingham.ac.uk>
> Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 13:34:52 GMT0BST
> Subject: Some questions!
>

> Hi!
> Last October I came to the Uk to study here for one year (University
> of Nottingham!)
I have spent some time living on your campus (1989) and it is quite a
charming town! They delivered fresh vegetables and dairy products right
to our door! Also spent several days doing little more than imbibing
hash*sh and drinking Red Stripe...those were the days.

> At first I got the Thick as a
> Brick album as the original Newspaper version. Is it really rare?
> Then I got the Living in the Past album (2 records) with the big
> booklet inside. This one is really nice. With lots of old pictures of
> the bandmembers inside (rare? I paid stlg10) Teen I got an EP
> called Said she was a dancer. On the cover it says that it was issued

i would be delighted to correspond with you and try to arrange to have you
purchase any of these for me; as you may have guessed these are very rare,
at least in the states. I have always wanted at least one of these souvenir
LPs for my collection, especially Living in The Past.
I had never heard of the leather Aqualung! makes sense though...
email back to: amber...@aol.com,
or, before June 5, celti...@hugse1.harvard.edu.
Thanks! Enjoy Nottingham.

------------------------------

From: neal.w...@cosmosbbs.com (Neal Williams)
Subject: VELVET FLUTE
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 20:33:07 GMT

Hello! I have been on the list for some time now, and had read a few
posts about the VELVET FLUTE cd. I must say I had a hard time getting my
heart into ROOTS TO BRANCHES tho I did not post about it. So, when I
read that the songs were much better live, I tracked down this wonderful
cd! To those who posted, a sincere heart-felt thank you! Listening to
this disc has turned me around 100% on the RTB album! I think the
biggest thing I needed was to hear more of Martin's guitar in the music,
and live that happens. He has to be one of the worlds most under-rated
guitarists! When I got it I wondered why the whole concert was not
included, But I am very thankful I have 8 songs from the show! If anyone
wants to discuss tapes, please email me privatly! I would really like to
get more from the tour (video as well) I have collected Jethro Tull
tapes for years, as well as MANY other artists! So, I must say again..
Roots to Branches is wonderful writing and playing.. I appreciate it so
much... Thanks for all the very in-depth posts here!!!
Regards,
Neal Williams neal.w...@cosmosbbs.com

PS....If anyone has info on the venue and date of VELVET FLUTE, I would
really like more info on it!! Thanks!!!

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 21:32:04 +0100
From: N.Tho...@lancaster.ac.uk (Mr. Neil R. Thomason)
Subject: Misc.

Hi all,

First, my commiserations to (with?) everyone in Australia and NZ. I guess
we can only hope that the short-term disappointment is made up by Ian not
doing too much and causing permanent damage. If he heals properly, there
could be years left in him!

>From: Andrew Deal <a3...@esper.com>
>Subject: RE: Farm on the Freeway (SCC V7 #40)
>
>>>On the highest section of the M62 motorway, crossing from Manchester to
>Leeds<<
>
>I don't think this was Ian's inspiration for the song since on the 20 Years
>of Jethro Tull disc, there is a live version wherein he mentions the subject
>being: "The terrible plight of the middle-American farmer, oh poor
>misunderstood provayer of agro-chemicals..."

Yes. Sorry, I wasn't clear when I reported my 'Farm on the Freeway'
sighting. I agree that the song isn't ABOUT an upland sheep farm; I was
just suggesting that the Yorkshire one might have set IA thinking. Who knows?

Which leads me nicely into my final point: does anyone know why it's
'Cross=Eyed Mary' rather than 'Cross-Eyed Mary' i.e. '=' not '-' ? It's a
small point, I know, but us academics thrive on minutiae :) .

NRT

P.S. Note my e-mail address has changed; new operating system on the
University mainframe!

------------------------------

From: Michael Joseph Kelly <uto...@ccs.neu.edu>
Subject: Catfish Rising
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 18:00:33 -0400 (EDT)

good day to all...

the only tull studio album i don't own is CR. i can't find it anywhere,
and it is officially listed as out of print. does anyone know the story
behind this, and where i could get a copy?

- -mike kelly

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 22:21:17 -0500
From: fe...@mindspring.com (John Simpson)
Subject: 20th Anniversary Collection (3 CDs)

Dear Chroniclers,
Someone mentioned a few months ago that the 20th Anniversary 3-CD
collection was still available from Columbia House. My girlfriend joined
for that express reason. Her first catalog arrived today, and the
collection is indeed listed. Price is US$34.98 (think I paid at least 10
bucks more over in Germany a couple of years ago). My copy of the set was
lost in my move back stateside. What a treat to replace it, and hear again
such rarities as "Sunshine Day" and "17."
Better yet, Columbia House is having a clearance sale right now,
allowing us to buy as many other discs as we want for $2.98 each, in the
same order.
Anyone who just can't resist should be able to join the club from one
of those irritating and ubiquitous magazine inserts. Their web site is at
www.columbiahouse.com; maybe you can join from there.
I recommend getting your freebies, buying a couple, and then getting
the heck out.

John Simpson
fe...@mindspring.com
http://www.mindspring.com/~feste
"And gentlemen in England now abed shall think
themselves accursed they were not here..."
--Shakespeare, KING HENRY V

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 11:25:36 +0200
From: sami...@noord.bart.nl (Reinder Dijkhuis)
Subject: Re: I Don't know...

>From: Luck...@aol.com
>Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 00:47:36 -0400
>Subject: I Don't Know...

Fave tracks on "Beacon's Bottom"

>2. "Cheerio" They turned a quick 1-minute song into a 4-minute masterpeice of
>instrumentation. This song to me was what I was always looking for in JT.
> An instrumentation that really doesn't seem their style. But it is their
>style. This song is especially astounding to me becasue of one Martin Barre.
> His acoustic work has always been wonderful to me. Cheerio proved how much
>of a master he is on the guitar. It is so flawless and in the light,
>seemingly soft method it is delivered in is really inspiring to me. Martin
>has a changing style of guitar playing, much like IA and his music, that
>could belong to no one else besides JT. But it belongs all to Martin, who
>makes it a part of JT. He has only gotten better.

Uh... All instruments on that track were played by Dave Pegg. Quite a
guitarist, though, isn't he?

- -RD
- --
Reinder

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 19 May 1996 02:56:31 +1000
From: Lyn McKimm <lyn...@c031.aone.net.au>
Subject: Australian Concerts

I was one of those unfortunates that had tickets for the cancelled
Tull concert in Melbourne on Sunday night. After waiting 15 years from
the last concert in 79 to the concert here last year it looked like we
were in for a regular dose of Tull annually.

The added treat with last years concert was that I was one of those
lucky enough to be invited on stage to sit at the side and see part of
the concert from the couch. Coincidentally I ran into Ian the next day
in a music shop and spent a fair time talking with him.

He came across and an extremely nice guy and I wish him a speedy
recovery and hope we will see him out here again..
=====================================
Lyn McKimm - lyn...@c031.aone.net.au
"Life is sometimes bearable"
=====================================

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 14:23:30 +1000
From: Paul Rodenhuis <pa...@pwd.nsw.gov.au>
Subject: More info: Whole Tull tour cancelled!

The following was in todays's (Wed 15th May) Sydney Morning Herald.
I rang Paul Dainty organisation in Melbourne and tried to speak
to the publicist, but didn't get through. If she replies, I'll
post whatever I can. For instance, they won't tell me which
hosptal he's in.

Headline: Jump grounds Jethro

By Steve Jacobs

Jethro Tull have cancelled the rest of their tour in Australia
and the whole of the European tour which was to have followed.

Vocalist and flautist Ian Anderson fell and hurt his leg while
performing in Lima Peru, about nine weeks ago, a spokesperson for
Melbourne promoter Paul Dainty said. Anderson is now in hospital
in Sydney.

The accident occurred while he was jumping around on stage
"in his inimitable way".

He mistook his jump during a leap that accompanies the final
notes of the song 'Budapest' and landed on his left knee,
tearing ligaments and cartilage.

In a statement, Anderson is quoted as saying: "I've been
doing that leap in concert for 10 years and don't even think
about it. I'm afraid I should have thought about it at that
show though, because a concert stage is always a potentially
dangerous workplace and this rather small one had shifted
about half an inch and the result for me anyway, was extremely
painful."

Nevertheless, Tull went on to perform a dozen or so concerts
in major cities in the United States and the reviews they
received were among the strongest the band has generated.

He returned to London for surgery and his doctors cleared him
for his Australian tour.

However, he felt unwell when he arrived in Sydeny. He has only
been able to get around on crutches and in a wheelchair,
the spokesperson said.

He performed in Canberra on Saturday and was "uncomfortable".
As scheduled, the show also went ahead at the State Theatre
on Sunday night but Anderson was feeling "very unwell" and
doctors treating him here said he "never should have come".

Monday and yesterday's shows in Sydeny have been cancelled
as well as the rest of his Australian tour, which was to have
taken in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth over the next two weeks.

Tull's European tour has been cancelled as well and the spokeperson
said that Anderson would be out of action for about a year.

Cheers
paulr

| Paul Rodenhuis | Manager, Large Systems | Information Services Branch |
| NSW Public Works Dept | pa...@pwd.nsw.gov.au | +61-2-372-7037 FAX 7022 |
| VK2AHB@VK2WI Home +61-2-449-9212 Fax +61-2-449-7827 | Mobil 0411-250-446 |

------------------------------

From: Glenn_...@neca.nec.com.au
Date: 15 May 96 15:24:17 -0500
Subject: Ian Anderson seriously ill.........

I've just finished reading the following in today's (15/5/96)
Melbourne Herald-Sun newspaper........

Jethro Tull star seriously ill
==============================

Veteran British band Jethro Tull has cancelled its Australian tour.

Lead Singer Ian Anderson is seriously ill in a Sydney hospital with
blood clots in his left leg.

Anderson had surgery on his leg for a torn ligament shortly before
embarking on the Australian tour.

He performed shows in Canberra and Sydney in a wheelchair.

According to promoter Paul Dainty, tickets for the Melbourne shows at
the Palais on May 18 and 19 will be refunded.

(Lesley Hetherington)

It doesn't sound too good does it? Let's hope it's not as bad as it
sounds and that Ian recovers fully and is up and about in the shortest
possible time!

There sure are a huge number of disappointed fans here in Melbourne.
The band was even set to do an album signing session at Gaslight
Records on Saturday. What a bummer. So close and yet so far.........

-Glenn

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 19:32:47 -0700
From: mark jennings <mjen...@redrock.net>
Subject: A Classic Case London Symphony Orchestra Plays Jethro Tull

I was wondering where I could get a hold of the RCA ablum A Classic
Case (The London Symphony Orchestra Plays Jethro Tull.) I was able to
locate the ablum in Cassette only. I'm looking for a cd version of
this product.
Can any one out their help me find one?

Thanks,
Mr Mark Jennings
mjen...@tcd.net
- --

------------------------------

From: mmo...@interserv.com
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 06:49:12 -0700
Subject: Columbia House

Can someone out there knidly send me the order information I need to
get the 20th Ann Collection from Columbia House? A friend of mine is
a member and has called twice but the people there seem to have no
idea what she's talking about.

Also, is the 2oth Ann AQUALUNG CD going to be a major release in North
America?
I've never heard of Terrapin Records....

Cheers - MM

Murray Moman, Senior Representative, Times Mirror Professional Publishing

Office: 204-477-6271...Fax: 204-488-8014...Voicemail: 1-800-268-4178 x722

email: mmo...@interserv.com http://home.sprynet.com/interserv/mmoman

"Success is being locked in the pub at closing..."
Jethro Tull bassist Dave Pegg

------------------------------

To submit material to the The St. Cleve Chronicle, send mail to:

JT...@jtull.rutgers.edu

For administrative matters (additions, deletions, changes, etc.),
send mail to:

JTull-...@jtull.rutgers.edu

Back issues of The St. Cleve Chronicle are available via anonymous ftp
on jtull.rutgers.edu (128.6.13.3) in the subdir /pub/JethroTull. The
issues are listed in the form vXnY.MM-DD-YY (eg. v1n75.11-20-90).
Lyrics to many of the Tull albums are now also available at this site,
in the /pub/JethroTull/Lyrics subdirectory. For those without ftp
access, these can be obtained through mail by the St.C.C. Mail Archive
Server:

JTull-...@jtull.rutgers.edu

Send the word "help" in a message by itself for information on how to
use the archive server. To get a list of what's available use the
command "send 00Index". Commands should always go into the body of
the message since the Subject: line is ignored. Problems or questions
about the archive server should be sent to
jtull-arc...@jtull.rutgers.edu.

The Jethro Tull WWW Server at URL http://jtull.rutgers.edu/JethroTull/
contains the discography, song lyrics, a FAQ, subscription info,
pointers to other Progressive servers and more.

The contents of the The St. Cleve Chronicle are solely the opinions and
comments of the individual authors, and do not necessarily reflect the
opinions of the authors' organizations or the digest moderator.

Copyright 1996 The Jethro Tull mailing list.

Stay tuned for the next exciting issue of The St. Cleve Chronicle!