Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

Re: New 0ptout?

閲覧: 5 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

OptOut1

未読、
2005/01/04 14:06:222005/01/04
To:
to the
radical, unsupervised and wholly secular SNCC.

[The low, nearly bestial nature of the SNCC was always typified for me
by its one-time leader James Forman's assertion that --if the powers
that be are unwilling to let my people sit at the table of government,
we stand ready to knock the fucking legs right off the table,-- both for
the mockery it made of the --Non-violent-- part of the SNCC's name and
for his vulgarity in saying so in the Beulah Baptist Church.

Yes, sorry, back to the --ladies--. Quite right.]

What interested me about Marian Logan was that she circulated a memo to
the other members of the SCLC Board in advance of the Poor People's
March on Washington (which Martin Luther King whole-heartedly favoured,
a position in which he was virtually alone of the SCLC executive):

--I doubt very seriously,-- Logan wrote, that the Washington actions
would have any positive effect on Congress. --If anything, the
demonstrations may well harden congressional resistance and create an
atmosphere conducive not only to the victory of reactionary candidates
in the coming elections, but also to the defeat of those candidates who
are, or would be, friendly to the social and economic objectives of our
struggle.-- Logan was also concerned that King and SCLC would not --be
able to preserve the non-violent image and integrity of our
organization-- once the protests got under way. Giv

新着メール 0 件