Article : Alert on Hole for Hackers in Internet Language

krishn...@my-dejanews.com

Jan 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/16/99
Hello there,

This article is part of the Telcomine January issue released just now.
The rest of the major headers are below. Feel free to reach us with
your comments and views at edi...@infozech.com. Visit the full articles at
http://www.infozech.com/telcomine.html.

Wealth of Information about Telecommunications
Volume 2,No1, January 1999

IN THIS ISSUE

1. Alert on Hole for Hackers in Internet Language A computer security watchdog
has alerted that a "hole" in the underlying language of the Internet (TCP/IP)
could allow hackers to cause an array of disruptions to targeted Web sites and
Internet systems.

2. Euro launch not a software success story Though a major sensation in
stock markets around the world, the euro was not a software success. It was
like a major Coca-Cola launch in a country without delivery vans and outlets
or even bottling plants.

3.Mobile Phones can cause cancer: New findings More than 20 people who
believe they have suffered from brain tumors, memory loss or damage to their
immune systems line up to seek legal redress from mobile phone companies.
Scientists believe microwave radiation emitted by these phones may affect the
brain in the way a microwave oven cooks food.

4. She Got 463 suitors on Internet
Sighted on an agency website, Zarna Mehta, a New York based girl received 463
suitor responses on Internet before she finally chose Shalabh Garg, a Citibank
Executive in Zurich, Switzerland.

5. Rest your fingertips, dial with your voice Cheap powerful software --
developed by IBM, Microsoft, Dragon Systems, Lernout & Hauspie, General Magic
and others -- is hitting the market allowing people to talk to their
machines.

6. Make your telephone ring from your website A unique new product,
Webcallback, from Globalphone Corp, links a visitor and a company hosting a
web site by telephone. By clicking on Webcallback hyperlink, the visitor can
make secure transactions, review a site with the host company, ask questions
and obtain answers over the telephone.

7. Pacific Bell warns billing firms on fraud
Pacific Bells warns billing firms of termination of contracts if they did not
stop cramming - a fraud which occurs when charges show up on the consumer's
bills for products or services that consumers either never ordered or didn't
receive.

8. Product Goof-ups of 1998
Every year we have our share of product mishaps -- and 1998 was no exception.
Have a look at some of the blunders of the year gone by.

9. Ebill for Hong Kong giant Magictel
Magictel, a Hong Kong based telecom service provider, chooses Infozech's
billing solution eBill to bill for its IP Telephony services.

10. Mailbox
"No cars, please!"
A reader's objections and our comments on why we used the "Driverless car
story" in our December issue.
*************************************
Ebill For Hong Kong Giant, Magictel
*************************************

Magictel - the first of a new generation of telecom service providers to
apply internet technology to telephone calls - has chosen Infozech's billing
and customer care solution eBill to bill for its IP telephony services.

Magictel is part of a global communications network known as Interline. The
Interline global network reaches over 200 countries including local partners
in HongKong, Japan, South Korea, Australia, USA, UK, New Zealand, Canada and
China.

eBill provides software solutions for telecom services like Callback,
toll-free numbers, calling cards, Internet services and Internet Telephony.
Details at http://www.infozech.com/solution.html

*********
Mailbox
*********

"No Cars Please"!
I believe Telcomine should provide me more information about telecommunication
industry like new technology, source of information on new technology and
deployment of new technology. I do not think that items like "Car and Chip
Makers Join To Make 21st Century Driverless Car" should have a place in
Telcomine. - Amar Kumar, India

A driverless car on the road is inconceivable without a distinct component of
sophisticated telecom technology. Telcomine and its readers cannot be
indifferent to the fascinating intermingling of Internet and Information
highway technologies in the software world. - Editor

We are a system integrator and a Cisco Silver partner. More and more customers
are asking about IP Telephony and I would like to get more knowledge of this
from the marketing and technical point. - Harold Chan, Hong Kong

This is a good site. Thanks very much. - Arumugham Sudalaimuthu