share a plumber across multiple emu instances and opening pdf files on host

Go Phone

Jun 16, 2021, 1:10:18 PM6/16/21
to inferno-os

Hello,

I want to:
1. Have 1 inferno plumber used by multiple inferno emu instances.
2. Open .pdf documents on the host (From what I gather, there is no way to display .pdf documents on inferno yet)

If anyone has such a setup working, could you please share your experiences/scripts?

Thanks

Go Phone

Jun 16, 2021, 2:57:26 PM6/16/21
to inferno-os
I can get this plumber rule to work for opening .pdf files using the host's mupdf. Not sure if there is a better way of going about it.

# postscript/pdf/dvi/doc go to host pdf reader
# the port is here for reference but is unused
kind is text
data matches '([a-zA-Z0-9_\-./]+)\.(ps|PS|eps|EPS|pdf|PDF|dvi|DVI|doc|DOC|epub|EPUB|cb[tz]|CB[TZ])'
data isfile    $0
plumb to postscript
plumb start /dis/os.dis mupdf $file

Ethan Gardener

Jun 17, 2021, 8:07:33 AM6/17/21
to inferno-os
On Wed, Jun 16, 2021, at 6:10 PM, Go Phone wrote:

Hello,

I want to:
1. Have 1 inferno plumber used by multiple inferno emu instances.

It looks like you need to export/import /chan/plumb.input; see plumbmsg(2)