Re: [inferno-os] Seeking Assistance with MLFQ Implementation

Message has been deleted

Brian Stuart

Feb 11, 2024, 9:49:37 PMFeb 11
to Maverick, inferno-os
I think you'll find that the Plan 9 and Inferno community will
recognize when a student is attempting to get improper aid on an
assignment, and will not help you cheat.

BLS

On Sun, Feb 11, 2024 at 10:56 PM Maverick <abhish...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am reaching out to the Inferno community seeking assistance with implementing a Multi-Level Feedback Queue (MLFQ) algorithm.
>
> While I have made progress on the implementation, I have encountered some challenges that I believe could benefit from the collective expertise and insights of the community. Specifically, I am seeking guidance on the following aspects:
> Setting up the data structures and queues required for MLFQ.
> Implementing the logic for queue management, process promotion, and demotion.
> Handling priority inversion and ensuring fairness in process scheduling.
> Testing and validating the MLFQ implementation to ensure its correctness and efficiency.
>
> If any of you have experience or expertise in implementing MLFQ, or if you have resources, documentation, or code samples that could be helpful in this endeavor, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.
>
> Your support and insights would be invaluable in helping me overcome these challenges and successfully integrate MLFQ into our system. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you and collaborating with the Inferno community on this exciting project.
>
> Best regards,

da...@boddie.org.uk

Feb 12, 2024, 7:38:38 AMFeb 12
to inferno-os
mandag 12. februar 2024 kl. 03:49:37 UTC+1 skrev blst:
I think you'll find that the Plan 9 and Inferno community will
recognize when a student is attempting to get improper aid on an
assignment, and will not help you cheat.

Well, not without some kind of financial consideration, anyway. ;)

I hope we were at least consulted before the large language models.

Charles Forsyth

Feb 12, 2024, 7:49:03 AMFeb 12
to da...@boddie.org.uk, inferno-os
a quick google of mlfq produced plausible answers to nearly all those questions, short of an implementation in dis.c