rtp and gdf files

Pantelis Stampoulis

Nov 26, 2011, 8:03:16 AM11/26/11
to inetframework-devel
Ηello to everyone,

does anybody know how the video traces files with the extension gdf
are created and if i can create my own gdf files
from actual video files? I am running network simulations using rtp
senders and receivers and i am trying to correct some bugs that I
found in the rtp implemetation code. Is there someone else that deals
with rtp right now?

Andras Varga

Jan 24, 2012, 6:09:11 AM1/24/12
to inetframe...@googlegroups.com, Pantelis Stampoulis
Found a hint in RTPAVProfilePayload32Sender.h (in
src/transport/rtp/profiles/avprofile) that the gdf files were created with a
tool called mpeg_stat. Seems like that tool doesn't have a home page, but
source downloads can be found with google...

Andras

Pantelis Stampoulis

Jan 25, 2012, 3:37:43 PM1/25/12
to inetframework-devel
thank you very much for your help. If i find something useful for
users who want to run simulations with rtp i will write back.

On 24 Ιαν, 13:09, "Andras Varga" <and...@omnetpp.org> wrote:
> Found a hint in RTPAVProfilePayload32Sender.h (in
> src/transport/rtp/profiles/avprofile) that the gdf files were created with a
> tool called mpeg_stat. Seems like that tool doesn't have a home page, but
> source downloads can be found with google...
>
> Andras

Jiri Hubacek

Jun 3, 2019, 7:33:46 AM6/3/19
to INET Framework Contributors
On Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 9:37:43 PM UTC+1, Pantelis Stampoulis wrote:
thank you very much for your help. If i find something useful for
users who want to run simulations with rtp i will write back.

I solved this issue recently with https://gitlab.com/snippets/1857511

Works for mpeg videos only, however.

jiri