Further Suggestion

1 view

Bill

Nov 11, 2009, 9:09:36 AM11/11/09
to Induction Framework
Hi Adi and rest,

I see a potential in Induction Framework, I have been thinking it will
be good if you guys provide plugins for popular IDEs ( e.g. JIdea,
Netbeans, Eclipse) as well. Also , some seperated small hint section
that tells newcomer on deploying Induction-enabled Web application on
other application servers than Tomcat ( e.g. GlassFish, JBoss,
Geronimo ). Such these information will be much helpful for any
newcomers that want to embrace this MVC Web Framework.

Cheer.

Adinath

Nov 14, 2009, 5:30:11 PM11/14/09
to induction...@googlegroups.com

Bill, agreed! One Induction user started working on a tutorial on setting up an Induction app on IntelliJ IDEA...I think he is still working on it.

Induction so far is general enough that it does not require any special plugins to be used with an IDE. I personally use IntelliJ IDEA 7 and the setup is pretty straightforward. For class reloading to work correctly, you need to ensure that your application classes loaded via Induction's dynamic classloader are not being copied by IDEA to your webapp run folder, since Induction will access them directly from where you compile your classes to (this location is specified in the <class-path> in the Induction XML).

I planning to use GlassFish on an upcoming project, if any interesting comes up I will post. What I also would like to do is to write a small Induction demoapp that does access db access using iBATIS.

Adi

--
Acciente, LLC
Systems Architecture and Software Design

www.acciente.com
www.inductionframework.org