Failed to sign in with Admin Account - Issue with bcrypt password

Joe Krisanda

Jan 18, 2019, 4:09:57 PM1/18/19
to indigo-general
In the ELN 2.0 installation documentation it states that in the application.properties file next to indigoeln.war to specify the following:

# BCrypt hash for default 'admin' user's password

default-admin-password=use-bcrypted-pass-here

I have used multiple bcrypt generating tools in an attempt to get this, however no values that I enter work.  What is the proper way to generate a BCrypt password for use here?

Thanks!

Joe Krisanda

Jan 22, 2019, 11:05:48 AM1/22/19
to indigo-general
To address my issue in case anyone else runs into the same problem, the error was caused by using MonboDB 4.0.  I reviewed the Mongo .jar files in the /lib directory of the server application and saw they were at version 3.4.  When I downgraded the version of MongoDB to 3.4 I was able to log in successfully.