some ketcher 2.0 ui elements not accessible

Contact

May 25, 2018, 11:00:06 AM5/25/18
to indig...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I downloaded the ketcher 2.0 source files and did ‘run npm build’.

The build worked fine, and I can open e.g. the demo.html page.

My problem is that all of the tools right of the  zoom percentage dropdown list control (like ‘Layout’ , ‘Aromatize’ , ‘Calculate CIP’, ‘Check Structure’ etc.) are NOT accessible (my mouse cursor shows a stop icon when I hover over the corresponding buttons)

All other UI elements seems to work.

In the 2.0 demo page (http://lifescience.opensource.epam.com/ketcher/demo.html) the mentioned UI elements ARE accessible.

Question:

Is the inaccessibility of the mentioned buttons by design? (i.e. not supported in the 2.0 builds available for download)

If not, what could be the reason that I cannot access those buttons?

Any feedback or help is appreciated.

Best regards

Hans-Juergen

Savelyev Alexander

May 25, 2018, 12:05:26 PM5/25/18
to indigo-dev
Dear Hans-Juergen

For the specified elements Ketcher requires server. Please install indigo-service using this manual

http://lifescience.opensource.epam.com/download/service.html

With best regards
Alexander

interne...@hjhimmler.de

Jun 1, 2018, 10:50:29 AM6/1/18
to indigo-dev
HI Alexander,

thanks a lot for your reply.
You confirm what I already did assume.

Since we are a pure Windows shop (and have absolutely no unix or Linux knowhow):
Is there any way to run the 'server' ketcher.py file under IIS?

Hope to hear from you.
Best regards
Hans-Jürgen

interne...@hjhimmler.de

Jun 1, 2018, 12:12:55 PM6/1/18
to indigo-dev
In the meantime I did some more experiments and got the server API working to a certain extend.

Currently I run ketcher.py in a python (2.7.8) shell.

I can call http://localhost:8080/knocknock and get the expected 'You are welcome' response.

Now I want to be able to use  the server api in my ketcher page.

Big question:
What is the correct iframe src url syntax?

I use the ketcher.py file from the alpha .3 release (not sure if that matter)

Hope one can help!
Cheers
Hans-Juergen