sanathana dharma

Venkatachalam Subramanian

Jun 12, 2017, 9:54:37 AM6/12/17
to palsuvai

Understanding the meaning of being Hindu.

1. Believe in God! - Aastik - You are accepted unconditionally.
2. Don't believe in God! - You're too are accepted as a Nastik.
3. You want to worship idols - please go ahead. You are a Murti Pujak.
4. You don't want to worship idols - no problem. You can focus on Nirguna Brahman. the formless One.
5. You want to criticise something in religion. Please come forward, lets discuss logically. Nyaya, Tarka etc. truth, justice, debate, discussions are core Hindu approaches. 6. You want to accept beliefs as they are. Most welcome. Please go ahead, its your choice.

7. You want to start your journey by reading. Sure! many texts are available 'Bhagvad Gita'Upanishads,PuranaGuru Granth, etc.

8. You want to start your journey by reading something else - Go ahead. Be my guest.

9. You just don't like reading. No problem my dear. Go by Bhaktitradition. (Love and devotion)

10. You don't like idea of Bhakti! No problem. Do your Karma. Be a Karmayogi.
11. You want to enjoy life. Very good. No problem at all. This is 'Charvaka' Philosophy.
12. You want to abstain from all the enjoyment of life and find God - jai ho! Be an ascetic! a Sadhu, a person who lives in absolute simplicity and one with nature.
13. You don't like the concept of God. You believe in Nature only - Welcome. 'Prakriti' as nature is called is worthy of worship.
14. You believe in one God or Supreme Energy. Superb! Follow 'Advaita'philosophy.
15. You want a Guru. Go ahead. Receive learning, 'Gyaan'.
16. You don't want a Guru. Do 'Dyhan', help yourself! Meditate, Study
17. You believe in Female energy! Shakti' is worshipped.
18. You believe that all beings are equally worthy of love and respect. Yeah! You're awesome, "Vasudhaiva kutumbakam" (We are all children of this one earth, we are all one family) 19. You don't have time to celebrate a particular festival. Don't worry. You can enjoy another festival, there are multiple festivals every single day of the year. 20. You are a working person. Don't have time for religion. Its okay. You will still be a Hindu. 21. You like to go to temples. No problem, devotion at anytime and anyplace is all you need. 22. You don't like to go to temples, or any other place of worship - no problem. You are still a Hindu! 23. You know that Hinduism is a way of life, with considerable freedom. 24. You believe that everything has God in it. So you worship your mother, father, Guru, Tree, River, Prani-mitra, Earth, Universe! 25. And If you don't believe that everything has GOD in it - No problems, we respect your viewpoint.

26. 'Sarve jana sukhino bhavantu' (May all live in peace and contentment)

[...]

All of us represent this! We are free to choose. Whatever we choose we will still be accepted and respected by a true Hindu.

*This is exactly the essence of Hinduism, of 'all inclusiveness'. That is why it has withstood the test of time inspite of repeated onslaught both from within and outside, and assimilated good aspects from everything . That is why it is eternal !!!*

_*There is a saying in Rigveda , the first book ever known to mankind which defines the Hinduism philosophy in a Nutshell - "Ano bhadrah Krathavo Yanthu Vishwathah"- Let the knowledge come to us from every direction".

Many wise teachers, preachers, scholars are now opening themselves up to these concepts, Christians and Muslims too. Here is an example.
We are all Hindus Now - Sermon by Rev. Jennifer Ryu

KMR.Krishnan KMR.Krishnan

Aug 22, 2018, 5:43:47 PM8/22/18
to indic...@googlegroups.com
pl see attachment

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Roots" group.
Invitation_Senior citizen home inauguration_Thanjavur (1).pdf