Invitation:: Interactive Forum Theatre Performances on 17th & 19th Feb. in New Delhi

1 view

Ravi Ramakantan

Feb 9, 2017, 5:12:47 PM2/9/17
to Theatre of the Oppressed in India
Hi friends

CCDC has been invited to collaborate with the mental health dept of the Public Health Foundation of India, New Delhi, on a project called PRIDE, mental health for youth.

Specifically, our mandate is to train young people to become Forum jokers, to do Mental Health forums in communities, especially with young people. We begin this project on Feb 13th in Delhi. We plan to do 3 training workshops by September 2017, at the end of which we will hopefully have 15 young people in the age group 20-35 trained to be jokers for mental health. It's an ambitious programme, but also well thought out and structured, and focussed , so we're excited about it.
The first workshop will run from Feb 13-19, with two forums- one on Day 5 of the training, which is Feb 17, and a community Forum on Feb 19, in a basti in Kapa Shera, near Gurgaon. The first Forum will be in English and the second in Hindi.
The second workshop will be for 3 days in March( dates still to be decided), and the third in August/September, again for 3 days. The 2nd and 3 rd workshops will also include community forums, with increasing participation from the trainees.

Below is a link about the program. Do let your friends in Delhi know about the Forums.

Radha Ramaswamy