Cartoon Workshop

Cohan Sujay Carlos

Feb 1, 2010, 2:30:33 AM2/1/10
to indianw...@googlegroups.com
I saw this event listed on the Hindu Metro Plus newspaper and thought I'd share it with everyone.  It's a cartoon workshop jointly offered by the Ind Inst of 'Toonists and Briti Cou :  http://www.hindu.com/mp/2010/02/01/stories/2010020151030100.htm

<snip>

The Indian Institute of Cartoonists and British Council are organising a one-day workshop for budding cartoonists, on March 5 at the Institute.

The workshop will be conducted by noted British cartoonist, Michal Boncza Ozdowski. He will give a lecture and demonstration on the theme of climate change. This will be followed by an open discussion about practical techniques and hands-on training.

Michal contributed regularly to a London-based Spanish monthly “Notices” (News) in the 90s. he is trained as a fine art painter and designer in Poland. The workshop is open for those aged between 18 and 35 years, with a knowledge of English. Thirty to 35 candidates will be selected, by a panel of experts, for the workshop.

Applicants can send their application by post to Indian Institute of Cartoonists, No.1, Midford House, Midford Garden, off M.G. Road, near Big Kids Kemp, Bangalore- 1, or by mail to in...@cartoonistsindia.com / cartooni...@gmail.com.

Applicants should mention their name, postal addresses, contact number, email ID and also a brief note on their love for cartoons. The selected candidates will be informed by post or email. Last date to submit the applications are February 15. There is no fee for the workshop.

</snip>

Regards,

Cohan
(cartoon assembly)

Narasimha Vedala

Feb 2, 2010, 1:00:19 AM2/2/10
to indianw...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for this snip. I enrolled myself. Let's see if I get selected for it...
cheers.

--
A cartoon dump a day brings flies this way...