Gimp tutorial for Webcomics

Prateek Agarwal

Jun 10, 2010, 3:23:10 AM6/10/10
to IndianWebComics
I found this tutorial very nice and focussed on the needs of webcomic creators. http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=15373
Hope others find it useful too.

Prasanna Patange

Jun 11, 2010, 3:42:20 AM6/11/10
to indianw...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the Great tutorial ! I use GIMP too, but my method is a bit different. Also check out this tutorial - http://ashwings.deviantart.com/art/TZH-Webcomic-Tutorial-112296684 . Its a bit advanced though.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Prateek Agarwal <agarwal...@gmail.com> wrote:
I found this tutorial very nice and focussed on the needs of webcomic creators. http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=15373
Hope others find it useful too.

Erratic Beat

Jun 11, 2010, 2:25:38 PM6/11/10
to IndianWebComics
Interesting tutorials. Do you both rely on GIMP or Photoshop in
general? I use MS Paint for my webcomics cuz I'm too lazy to learn
Photoshop/GIMP. Though on my Friday comics I usually use Photoshop to
insert the gradient background - that's the extent of my photoshop
skills.

-Roopa :)
http://www.erraticbeat.thecomicseries.com

On Jun 11, 3:42 am, Prasanna Patange <sangfroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the Great tutorial ! I use GIMP too, but my method is a bit
> different. Also check out this tutorial -http://ashwings.deviantart.com/art/TZH-Webcomic-Tutorial-112296684. Its a
> bit advanced though.
>
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Prateek Agarwal <agarwal.prat...@gmail.com
>

> > wrote:
> > I found this tutorial very nice and focussed on the needs of webcomic
> > creators.http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=15373

Prateek Agarwal

Jun 11, 2010, 2:31:39 PM6/11/10
to indianw...@googlegroups.com
It took me a while to learn GIMP. I did not have patience to learn it from basics so I was lost even with something extremely basic like GIMP's layers! But the slowly I got the hang of it.

I have not used photoshop because it is paid and since GIMP comes free so I thought why not try it first itself.

Believe me once you learn either GIMP or photoshop you would not want to touch MS Paint. It is like switching to nuclear warheads after you have been fighting with stones!

Prasanna Patange

Jun 14, 2010, 7:58:42 AM6/14/10
to indianw...@googlegroups.com
I strongly recommend that you download and use GIMP. There are a lot of GIMP tutorials on youtube and other websites which are very helpful. But the best way to master GIMP is to experiment with it. The more you use it the better u get. I've been using it for about a year and i have barely scratched the surface. Good Luck!

- sangfroid

Prateek Agarwal

Jul 12, 2010, 6:26:59 AM7/12/10
to indianw...@googlegroups.com
I found some of the videos of Gimptricks on youtube very good. It starts from basics and there are some not-so-obvious tricks too. I find it easier to learn from videos than long tutorials.

http://www.youtube.com/gimptricks

And thanks Saad for sharing info about Mighty Zeo font, I use it pretty regularly, i prefer it more than other comic fonts.

- Prateek

https://thequark.wordpress.com/
www.twitter.com/thequark