Blog Statistics Tool

Prateek Agarwal

Jan 19, 2010, 3:07:14 PM1/19/10
to indianw...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

What is the preferred way for people to measure traffic on their blogs? For my previous blog I used to use sitemeter. I hadn't fished for alternatives a friend suggested it so used it. Interesting thing is it used to give me links which people used to visit my blog so I used to get info that did people visit my blog because of a google search, if yes then because of what keywords OR are people visiting my blog by the links I put up in gtalk status message or twitter stream. I have shifted to wordpress and I want to know what tools, apart from the default service in dashboard, do people use for blog statistics.

Regards,
Prateek

http://thequark.wordpress.com/
http://twitter.com/thequark

Sasidhar

Jan 20, 2010, 2:41:19 AM1/20/10
to indianw...@googlegroups.com
I use Google Analytics. It's free and gives lots of info.
Not sure if you can install it on *.wordpress.com though. It works for self-hosted Wordpress installs. Do check.

-Sasidhar.