Is it Haplanthodes neilgherryensis_NOV09_SSN ?

shubhada nikharge

Nov 8, 2009, 1:38:39 PM11/8/09
to indian tree pix
Hi,
i came across this plant all over in the forest at Conservation Education Centre, Goregaon E, Mumbai on 8th Nov 09.

Is it Haplanthodes neilgherryensis from Acanthaceae family?

Cheers,
Shubhada

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

Try the new Yahoo! India Homepage. Click here.
Haplanthodes neilgherryensis flower Acanthaceae 2009_1108_cec_0147 e.JPG
Haplanthodes neilgherryensis Acanthaceae 2009_1108_cec_0138 e.JPG
Haplanthodes neilgherryensis flower bud Acanthaceae 2009_1108_cec_0119 e.JPG
Haplanthodes neilgherryensis Acanthaceae 2009_1108_cec_0109 e.JPG
Haplanthodes neilgherryensis plant Acanthaceae 2009_1108_cec_0074 e.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Nov 8, 2009, 10:26:17 PM11/8/09
to shubhada nikharge, indian tree pix
Dear Shubhada, I believe this to be Haplanthodes neilgherryensis ... however, this may not be the accepted name ... not much data found on internet except in one of the FOS books of Ingalhalikar ji.
Much better would be Haplanthodes tentaculatus ... FOI has doubts about the name ... doubt not yet resolved.

Regards.

shubhada nikharge

Nov 8, 2009, 11:51:14 PM11/8/09
to Dinesh Valke, indian tree pix
Hi Dinesh,
Thanx for the correction.
Link to ur photos is not opening.
the pic at FOI  looks little diff to me in the sense the leaves/ stem are more blackish green than those in my pics. hence the  kokani name may be  'वाढलें कालें किरायतें ' . May be the plants that i photographed are yet to mature.