Impatiens acaulis on moss covered tree

Smita Raskar

Oct 2, 2010, 1:49:51 PM10/2/10
to indiantreepix
Hi All here is picture of Impatiens acaulis growing on moss covered tree at Amboli

--
Smita raskar
308 Disha Residency,

Picture 208.jpg

tanay bose

Oct 2, 2010, 9:06:36 PM10/2/10
to Smita Raskar, indiantreepix
Nice catch I have not seen an Impatiens growing on another tree.
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

mani nair

Oct 2, 2010, 9:58:17 PM10/2/10
to tanay bose, Smita Raskar, indiantreepix
Smitha ji, Beautiful flowers.  I am also seeing for the first time Impatiens growing on trees.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Mani.

shobha chavda

Oct 4, 2010, 9:29:47 AM10/4/10
to efloraofindia
Hi Smita,
Was it in the premises of "Hiranyakeshi Temple" ? I too saw it in the
same place.I want to post my photo ,but off course its not as good as
yours.
Shobha

On Oct 3, 6:58 am, mani nair <mani.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Smitha ji, Beautiful flowers.  I am also seeing for the first time Impatiens
> growing on trees.
> Thanks for sharing.
> Regards,
> Mani.
>
> On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 6:36 AM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Nice catch I have not seen an Impatiens growing on another tree.
> > tanay
>
> > On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 11:19 PM, Smita Raskar <smita.ras...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Hi All here is picture of Impatiens acaulis growing on moss covered tree
> >> at Amboli
>
> >> --
> >> Smita raskar
> >> 308 Disha Residency,
> >> Salaiwada,Sawantwadi
> >> Phone (02363) 274153
> >> Mob.9422379568
>
> > --
> > *Tanay Bose*

Dr. Arvind Kadus

Oct 4, 2010, 10:19:39 AM10/4/10
to efloraofindia

Smita Ji, I am also seeing this acaulis first time on the tree. Nice
catch ! May be the tree is near the waterfall or other source which
makes it always moisten.
Dr.kadus Arvind,Pune.
> > > ta...@interchange.ubc.ca- Hide quoted text -

Rashida Atthar

Oct 4, 2010, 11:26:23 AM10/4/10
to Dr. Arvind Kadus, efloraofindia
Very unusual ! Thanks for sharing.

regards,
Rashida.

Smita Raskar

Oct 4, 2010, 11:55:41 AM10/4/10
to Rashida Atthar, Dr. Arvind Kadus, efloraofindia
In Amboli there is lot of moisture in rains therefore trees are leaden with moss and many such tiny flowering herbs can be seen growing on moss covered