Re: [efloraofindia:38720] Dendrobium barbatulum (Small-Bearded Dendrobium)

mani nair

Jun 17, 2010, 6:40:00 AM6/17/10
to Rajesh Sachdev, efloraindia, wildflowerindia, india-nature-pixs
Rajeshji,

During my last visit to Malshej ghat I have seen Dendrobium ovatum  (not in flower)

Regards,

Mani.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Rajesh Sachdev <leopa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Nairji,
I am not really aware of the other orchids of Malshej Ghat. But I would request other members to pls give some inputs (if available ) on the question raised by Mani Nair.

On 17 June 2010 15:53, mani nair <mani....@gmail.com> wrote:
Rajeshji, Excellent orchid.  Which are the other orchids growing in Malshej ghat?

Regards,

Mani.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Rajesh Sachdev <leopa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Name of Species: Dendrobium barbatulum
Common Name: Small-Bearded Dendrobium   • Marathi: गुलाबी दांडे अमरी
Family: Orchidaceae
Conservation status: NA
Photographed: 01st March, 2010
Location: Malshej Ghat, Maharashtra
Habitat Type: Moist Deciduous forest in Western Ghats
Camera: OLYMPUS SP570UZ
Lens: OLYMPUS ED LENS AF ZOOM 4.6 - 92 mm, 1:2.8 - 4.6
Flowering: start of the year

--
Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

mani nair

Jun 17, 2010, 6:23:07 AM6/17/10
to Rajesh Sachdev, efloraindia, wildflowerindia, india-nature-pixs

Rajesh Sachdev

Rajesh Sachdev

Jun 17, 2010, 6:12:42 AM6/17/10
to efloraindia, wildflowerindia, india-nature-pixs
P3010233.JPG
P3010234.JPG

tanay bose

Jun 17, 2010, 8:54:39 AM6/17/10
to mani nair, Rajesh Sachdev, efloraindia, wildflowerindia, india-nature-pixs
Dear Rajesh Ji,
By any chance do you have the photos of the leaves I will like to see !! to get an overall figure of the plant.
Tanay
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Rajesh Sachdev

Jun 17, 2010, 8:59:45 AM6/17/10
to tanay bose, efloraindia
Tanayji,
pic No. P3010233.JPG contains the exposed leaves in the attachment.
--
Regards
Rajesh Sachdev