Fwd: Tree from Nagaland, India

20 views
Skip to first unread message

J.M. Garg

unread,
Jul 9, 2015, 4:27:41 AM7/9/15
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for Id assistance please.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Santanu Dey
Date: 9 July 2015 at 13:29
Subject: Tree from Nagaland, India
To: jmg...@gmail.com


Dear sir

Do you have any idea about this attached species collected from Nagaland,
NE India in  low altitude forest near riverside. It is tree and flowers are
very sweet scented.

regards
santanu



--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Also author of 'A Photoguide to the Birds of Kolkata & Common Birds of India'.

DSC04567.JPG

J.M. Garg

unread,
Jul 9, 2015, 4:28:00 AM7/9/15
to efloraofindia
DSC04570.JPG

J.M. Garg

unread,
Jul 12, 2015, 8:36:12 AM7/12/15
to efloraofindia
Replies:
"It may be the member of Magnoliaceae.
Dr. Ramesh"

"may be one of the many var of Star magnolia
don't ask which
too many
i have stopped counting
usha di"

J.M. Garg

unread,
Jul 17, 2015, 1:48:49 AM7/17/15
to efloraofindia, Santanu Dey, Ushadi Micromini

Forwarding again for Id assistance please.

Replies:
"It may be the member of Magnoliaceae.
Dr. Ramesh"

"may be one of the many var of Star magnolia
don't ask which
too many
i have stopped counting
usha di"

DSC04567.JPG

J.M. Garg

unread,
Jul 17, 2015, 11:26:55 PM7/17/15
to efloraofindia, Ushadi Micromini
Thanks, Santanu ji.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Santanu Dey
Date: 17 July 2015 at 18:59
Subject: Re: Tree from Nagaland, India
To: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>


Dear sir,

I have identified the plant as Vatica lanceaefolia. It is a critically
endangered sp. belonging to Dipterocarpaceae family usually grows at a
low altitude forest in eastern himalayas . It is a evergreen tree sp.

regards
santanu

> The whole world uses my Image Resource

> thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc.
> (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as
> per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
>
> For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group

> world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or
> Efloraofindia

> database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of
> Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

>
> Also author of 'A Photoguide to the Birds of Kolkata & Common Birds of
> India'.
>
>
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg
>
> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'

> The whole world uses my Image Resource

> thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc.
> (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as
> per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
>
> For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group

> world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or
> Efloraofindia

> database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of
> Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

>
> Also author of 'A Photoguide to the Birds of Kolkata & Common Birds of
> India'.
>

Ushadi Micromini

unread,
Jul 18, 2015, 1:58:50 AM7/18/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Wonderful news that is is identified.

Thesr is so little available on the net,
Mr Garg,  can MR SANTANU be good enough and do me afavor and send some references (full if possible) not just the flora of china thing

thanks
usha di
--
Usha di
===========
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages