Re: Ligastrum vulgare

digpati roy

Jun 17, 2021, 7:46:28 AM6/17/21
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
This is from Salem Tamilnadu
Please confirm the species
Thank you
Yours faithfully
Digpati Roy
IMG-20210613-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20210613-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20210613-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20210613-WA0003.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 17, 2021, 11:37:42 AM6/17/21
to efloraindia, digpati roy, J.M. Garg
Did not find distribution in India ! Cultivated ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 17, 2021, 12:23:16 PM6/17/21
to digpati roy, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
In that case ID may be correct. Please put in loop other email address
also while replying !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 9:57 PM digpati roy <dp...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
Cultivated in Bangalore , Introduced to Salem

Thank you
Digpati Roy

J.M. Garg

Jun 23, 2021, 12:18:15 PM6/23/21
to Saroj Kasaju, digpati roy, efloraindia
Not getting convinced. Any reference to confirm.
Fruits and other aspects look similar, I am not finding this colour of the fruit and drooping nature, as per
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Ligustrum_vulgare_(fruit)
POWO

We have one species which have been introduced in Tamil Nadu i.e. Ligustrum lucidum W.T.Aiton
I think you should check with it as per images and details herein. Fruits also appear to be of dull colour.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Shakir Ahmad (Amateur Taxonomist)

Jun 29, 2021, 11:34:41 AM6/29/21
to efloraofindia, digpati roy, Saroj Kasaju
Leaf photograph of Ligastrum vulgare

Regards,
Shakir Ahmad.
M.sc  Botany.
Department of Botany,
School of Life sciences,Central University of Kashmir,Ganderbal, J&K, India

Screenshot_2021-06-29-21-03-46-091_com.miui.gallery.jpg