Dhak (Flame of the Forest- Butea monosperma)- Flower close up & on the ground

J.M. Garg

Jun 20, 2007, 1:31:30 AM6/20/07
to indian...@googlegroups.com
It's such a beauty when flowering, that I don't have any words to describe. I have seen one small tree in bloom in one of the campuses of possibly Maritime Acadamy of India or like in Kolkata when one goes from Taratala to Bracebridge. I always wanted to click its pictures as I passed by everyday. A few trees I saw in Agri-horticulture Society in Alipore. Oh! What a sight it was! I could hardly muster enough courage to put my feet on fallen flowers, which were forming such a beautiful pattern on ground as if waiting to welcome its loved ones.
--
Cheers!
J.M.Garg