To identify a unknown plant

Jaydip Gadhiya

Mar 22, 2022, 4:05:59 AM3/22/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, vip...@gmail.com, dinesh...@gmail.com, jmg...@gmail.com, sing...@gmail.com
Good afternoon all
I found a unknown plant at my visit in farm Leaf test is  like saunf , please help to identify a plant images are attached
Location :.Barkal Gujarat
Date : 11 March 2022
મસાલા પાન_111759.jpg

Jaydip Gadhiya

Mar 22, 2022, 4:09:09 AM3/22/22
to jmg...@gmail.com, vip...@gmail.com, dinesh...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com, sing...@gmail.com
Another image of unknown plant
IMG_20220311_080923.jpg

Mahadeswara

Mar 23, 2022, 12:00:27 AM3/23/22
to efloraofindia
Euphorbiaceae member ???

Jaydip Gadhiya

Mar 23, 2022, 2:42:06 AM3/23/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes sir  I think its Croton sp.
Thanks & Regards
Jaydip Gadhiya 🌿

J.M. Garg

Mar 28, 2022, 1:26:41 AM3/28/22
to efloraofindia, Jaydip Gadhiya, M Swamy
Thanks, Jaydip ji.
I could not find a match as per comparative images at Croton.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Mar 29, 2022, 9:14:39 PM3/29/22
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Mar 29, 2022, 10:58:31 PM3/29/22
to efloraofindia
It reminds me of Murraya paniculata .

regards
Radha

J.M. Garg

Mar 30, 2022, 12:30:54 AM3/30/22
to efloraofindia, radha veach, Jaydip Gadhiya
Thanks, Radha ji.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Smita Raskar

Mar 30, 2022, 1:07:15 AM3/30/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Jaydip Gadhiya, radha veach
But if I’m not wrong  Murraya paniculata has big white flowers?

--
Smita Raskar
308 Disha Residency,

Plantaholic Sheila.

Mar 30, 2022, 4:09:30 AM3/30/22
to efloraofindia
Sorry I do not recognise this plant.....but I do not believe it is  a match for Murraya paniculata.

radha veach

Mar 30, 2022, 11:38:46 AM3/30/22
to efloraofindia
The leaves match with Murraya  paniculata and they are aromatic, as mentioned by Jaydip ji. I'm guessing the posted plant is in a stressed condition which accounts for the shrivelled flower buds. Of course it is quite unlike the garden cultivated "kamini" most people are familiar with.
regards
Radha

Plantaholic Sheila.

Mar 30, 2022, 4:17:20 PM3/30/22
to efloraofindia
I have zoomed in to see the detail on the flower.
It is extremely clear.
Does this change any ones thoughts.

trimmed 11-03-2022 08-09-25.jpg

Plantaholic Sheila.

Mar 30, 2022, 4:26:57 PM3/30/22
to efloraofindia
Detail on image is amazing.
P.S.
Buds look really plump and healthy.
No sign of being shriveled.

Any chance of any more pics?

Plantaholic Sheila.

Mar 30, 2022, 4:58:23 PM3/30/22
to efloraofindia
So sorry...wish I could edit!
Finding this fascinating.
Need more thoughts!
Herbarium. says Corolla 5......up to 10 straight stamens.
Zooming in to mystery flower it clearly shows bud in round 4 part balls.

radha veach

Mar 30, 2022, 10:19:10 PM3/30/22
to efloraofindia
Sheila, I hope you can come up with a better guess than mine!

radha veach

Mar 30, 2022, 10:37:40 PM3/30/22
to efloraofindia
Murraya paniculata can have either 4 or 5 petals and up to 10 stamens.

regards
Radha

Mahadeswara

Mar 31, 2022, 12:16:14 AM3/31/22
to efloraofindia
It is not Murraya paniculata.   I have  Murraya in my garden.

vip...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2022, 7:21:10 AM3/31/22
to efloraofindia

This appears to be Clausena anisata (Willd.) Hook.f. ex Benth. [Rutaceae]. I assume it was cultivated. The species name (anisata) alludes to the crushed leaves being akin to saunf (aniseed) as remarked by Jaydip ji.

Best wishes, Viplav

Jaydip Gadhiya

Mar 31, 2022, 7:51:14 AM3/31/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you sir for your help
I'm reattaching image of plant.

Regards
Jaydip Gadhiya 🌿

મસાલા પાન_111759.jpg

Plantaholic Sheila.

Mar 31, 2022, 8:08:27 AM3/31/22
to efloraofindia
viplav.
Thank you. perfect ! I would say spot on.
I was positive it wasn't Murraya paniculata ...but hadn't a clue what it was.

On www I have found a pic of the flower buds in round 4 part balls, that match perfectly with what I could see in the images.

Plantaholic Sheila.

Mar 31, 2022, 8:13:15 AM3/31/22
to efloraofindia
I am so thrilled that it has been id'd!

radha veach

Mar 31, 2022, 10:06:01 PM3/31/22
to efloraofindia
I'm sure Viplav is right.
It had to be a Rutaceae member.  I had discounted Clausena early on because the leaves are so unlike those I have seen in the wild. It seems they are variable.
regards
Radha

Tapas Chakrabarty

Apr 5, 2022, 5:05:11 PM4/5/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Jaydip Gadhiya, M Swamy
Not known to me.