ID please

23 views
Skip to the first unread message

shriharsha nitsture

unread,
16-Aug-2011, 12:42:00 pm16/08/11
to efloraofindia
Dear all
 
Last month viisted Dapoli (Ratnagiri dist. Maharashtra). Observed two very common fruitings. For ID please
 
Regards
shriharsha nitsure
Photo0718.jpg
Photo0720.jpg

raju

unread,
16-Aug-2011, 12:57:15 pm16/08/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Shriharshaji,

I think any Tacca species

Raju Das

On Aug 16, 9:42 pm, shriharsha nitsture <sr_nits...@yahoo.co.in>
wrote:
>  Photo0718.jpg
> 178KViewDownload
>
>  Photo0720.jpg
> 87KViewDownload

Neil Soares

unread,
16-Aug-2011, 12:56:33 pm16/08/11
to efloraofindia, shriharsha nitsture
Hi,
 They are the fruit of Tacca leontopetaloides & a sp.of Arisaema [possibly A..neglectum].
                     With regards,
                       Neil Soares. 

--- On Tue, 8/16/11, shriharsha nitsture <sr_ni...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Nayan Singh

unread,
16-Aug-2011, 1:24:38 pm16/08/11
to raju, efloraofindia
looks like two different sp, first one is Tacca sp. may be leontopetaloides
 Thanks
Nayan.
..........................
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100
From: raju <dasr...@gmail.com>
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 16 August 2011 10:27 PM
Subject: [efloraofindia:77267] Re: ID please

Tanay Bose

unread,
16-Aug-2011, 7:46:22 pm16/08/11
to Nayan Singh, raju, efloraofindia
Yes the first photo is of Tacca leontopetaloides
the second one is of Arisaema sp. hard to 
confirm species without the photos of leaves and
flowers.
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
Department of Botany.
University of British Columbia .
3529-6270 University Blvd.
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
           604-822-2019 (Lab)
           604-822-6089  (Fax)


shriharsha nitsture

unread,
17-Aug-2011, 10:58:59 am17/08/11
to Tanay Bose, efloraofindia
Dear Tanay

Today I checked the Google and found species Arisaema consanguineum close to what I had seen. Hope it is the same.

Cheers
shriharsha




From: Tanay Bose <tanay...@gmail.com>
To: Nayan Singh <ns_dun...@yahoo.co.in>
Cc: raju <dasr...@gmail.com>; efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wed, 17 August, 2011 5:16:22 AM
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:77295] Re: ID please
Photo0720.jpg

Tanay Bose

unread,
17-Aug-2011, 12:44:02 pm17/08/11
to shriharsha nitsture, efloraofindia
Hi Shriharsha Ji,
I don't disbelieve you identification you can be very true in all aspect.
Fruits in different species of Asisaema looks so close that its hard 
to distinguish (at least for me) hence I always look for flowers and 
leaves to confirm.

Thanks
Tanay

Balkar Arya

unread,
17-Aug-2011, 12:52:16 pm17/08/11
to Tanay Bose, shriharsha nitsture, efloraofindia
Yes Tanay Fruit of Arisaema dracontium also looks close to the pics for id. Leaves and flower will lead to correct id
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Head, Deptt. of Botany and Biotechnology
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Samir Mehta

unread,
19-Aug-2011, 10:08:43 pm19/08/11
to efloraofindia
This is Tacca leontopetaloides (-718) buds and fruit (-720) - I think
both are same species.
Uploading my images of the leaf on a separate thread.
Will stand corrected if wrong.

Regrds,

Samir




On Aug 17, 9:52 pm, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes Tanay Fruit of Arisaema dracontium also looks close to the pics for id.
> Leaves and flower will lead to correct id
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Tanay Bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Shriharsha Ji,
> > I don't disbelieve you identification you can be very true in all aspect.
> > Fruits in different species of Asisaema looks so close that its hard
> > to distinguish (at least for me) hence I always look for flowers and
> > leaves to confirm.
>
> > Thanks
> > Tanay
>
> > On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 7:58 AM, shriharsha nitsture <
> > sr_nits...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>
> >> Dear Tanay
>
> >> Today I checked the Google and found species Arisaema consanguineum close
> >> to what I had seen. Hope it is the same.
>
> >> Cheers
> >> shriharsha
>
> >> ------------------------------
> >> *From:* Tanay Bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com>
> >> *To:* Nayan Singh <ns_dungri...@yahoo.co.in>
> >> *Cc:* raju <dasraj...@gmail.com>; efloraofindia <
> >> indian...@googlegroups.com>
> >> *Sent:* Wed, 17 August, 2011 5:16:22 AM
> >> *Subject:* Re: [efloraofindia:77295] Re: ID please
>
> >> Yes the first photo is of Tacca leontopetaloides
> >> the second one is of Arisaema sp. hard to
> >> confirm species without the photos of leaves and
> >> flowers.
> >> Tanay
>
> >> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Nayan Singh <ns_dungri...@yahoo.co.in>wrote:
>
> >>> looks like two different sp, first one is Tacca sp. may be
> >>> leontopetaloides
> >>>   Thanks
> >>> Nayan.
> >>> ..........................
> >>> N.S.Dungriyal IFS
> >>> Chief Conservator of Forests
> >>> and Field Director
> >>> Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
> >>> M.P.
> >>> 09424792100
> >>>   *From:* raju <dasraj...@gmail.com>
>
> >>> *To:* efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>
> >>> *Sent:* Tuesday, 16 August 2011 10:27 PM
> >>> *Subject:* [efloraofindia:77267] Re: ID please
>
> >>> Dear Shriharshaji,
>
> >>> I think any Tacca species
>
> >>> Raju Das
>
> >>> On Aug 16, 9:42 pm, shriharsha nitsture <sr_nits...@yahoo.co.in>
> >>> wrote:
> >>> > Dear all
>
> >>> > Last month viisted Dapoli (Ratnagiri dist. Maharashtra). Observed two
> >>> very
> >>> > common fruitings. For ID please
>
> >>> > Regards
> >>> > shriharsha nitsure
>
> >>> >  Photo0718.jpg
> >>> > 178KViewDownload
>
> >>> >  Photo0720.jpg
> >>> > 87KViewDownload
>
> >> --
> >> *Tanay Bose*
> >> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> >> Department of Botany.
> >> University of British Columbia .
> >> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> >> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> >> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
> >>            604-822-2019 (Lab)
> >>            604-822-6089  (Fax)
> >> ta...@interchange.ubc.ca
> >> *Webpages:*
> > *Tanay Bose*
> > Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> > Department of Botany.
> > University of British Columbia .
> > 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> > Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> > Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
> >            604-822-2019 (Lab)
> >            604-822-6089  (Fax)
> > ta...@interchange.ubc.ca
> > *Webpages:*
Reply to all
Reply to the author
Forward
0 new messages