Fern for id 080610MK2

Muthu Karthick

Jun 8, 2010, 2:48:28 AM6/8/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Please help to id this Pteridophyte, found over marshy rocks closer to a water falls in a dry thorn forest area. This fern is found growing along with Bryophytes.
Sorry for the picture with inadequate details.

Place: Mudumalai wls, Nilgiris, TN
Alt: 600 msl
Date: 05 May 2010

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

Muthu Karthick

Jun 8, 2010, 7:07:24 AM6/8/10
to indiantreepix

width of leaves: 5-6cm
Length: ca.20 cm
E 242.jpg

tanay bose

Jun 8, 2010, 7:34:15 AM6/8/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Then I think these are the leaves of Cyathocline purpurea many times without flower peeople mistake it as fern !! Check out
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Vijayadas D

Jun 8, 2010, 7:36:45 AM6/8/10
to tanay bose, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Cheilanthes sps.
Vijayadas D
Horticulturist EstateSupervisorDeputy
Salwa Garden Village, PB -7210
Riyadh -11462 , KSA
vijayadas.wetpaint.com

promila chaturvedi

Jun 8, 2010, 8:00:28 AM6/8/10
to Vijayadas D, tanay bose, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
to me it does not look like cyathocline. It looks like Cheilanthes feei or C. lanosa of Pteradaceae.
Promila

Satish Chile

Jun 8, 2010, 9:07:53 AM6/8/10
to promila chaturvedi, Vijayadas D, tanay bose, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
 This seems to be Cheilanthes alabamensis ?
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Balkar Arya

Jun 9, 2010, 10:26:57 AM6/9/10
to Satish Chile, promila chaturvedi, Vijayadas D, tanay bose, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
May be C rufa also. complete photo of a frond and sori may help in confirmation

Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat

J.M. Garg

Jun 23, 2010, 1:37:16 AM6/23/10
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, Muthu Karthick, chile...@gmail.com, dvija...@gmail.com, Balkar Arya, promila chaturvedi

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Cheilanthes sps.” from Vijayadas ji.

“to me it does not look like cyathocline. It looks like Cheilanthes feei or C. lanosa of Pteradaceae.
Promila”

“This seems to be Cheilanthes alabamensis ?” from Chile ji.

"May be C rufa also. complete photo of a frond and sori may help in confirmation
Regards
--
Dr Balkar Singh"

Vijayadas D