389 ID wild tree

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 19, 2022, 1:55:18 AM11/19/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild tree, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Santhanpara, Idukki Dist., Kerala

Altitude: 3000fsl

Flower date: 12NOV2022, 02.50pm

Habitat: wild moisture, misty hill, wind

Plant habit: small tree, erect, branches, branchlets, hard woody stem 20 inches base circumference, rough brown bark, white spots on young stem

Height: 04 meters

Leaves: opposite, elliptic, acute, simple, glossy, size upto:12×6cm

Flower: terminal panicle racemose, clustered, 04 petals, diameter:07mm, white, good fragrance

Fruit: berry green into dark violet, ovoid size:13×7mm, edible lite sweet

Seed: brown single, ovoid size:9×2mm

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20221112144952_IMG_3720.JPG
20221112145114_IMG_3727.JPG
20221112144937_IMG_3718.JPG
20221112144907_IMG_3712.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 19, 2022, 1:57:08 AM11/19/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images.
20221112145026_IMG_3724.JPG
20221112145018_IMG_3723.JPG
20221112145032_IMG_3725.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 19, 2022, 1:59:13 AM11/19/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images.
20221112145310_IMG_3734.JPG
20221112145305_IMG_3733.JPG
20221112145146_IMG_3729.JPG
20221112145042_IMG_3726.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 19, 2022, 2:00:18 AM11/19/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images.
20221112145254_IMG_3732.JPG
20221112145227_IMG_3731.JPG
20221112145217_IMG_3730.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 19, 2022, 7:20:07 AM11/19/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Looks close to  Ligustrum lucidum W. T. Aiton
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 19, 2022, 8:56:51 AM11/19/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Saroj ji,
Something close, but different, please check the collage.  This tree has good population there, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 19, 2022, 8:58:50 AM11/19/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Saroj ji,
Something close, but different, please check the collage, my images at left.  This tree has good population there, with kind regards, Sam.
20221119_192133.jpg

PlantaholicSheila

Nov 19, 2022, 5:20:24 PM11/19/22
to eFloraofIndia

J.M. Garg

Dec 4, 2022, 2:31:21 AM12/4/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sheila Sadd, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 5, 2022, 1:12:14 AM12/5/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd, Saroj Kasaju, Giby
Dear Garg ji,
Giby ji suggested it is Chionanthus ramiflorus, thanks a lot.
Yes it is very close to Ligustrum perrottetii, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Feb 8, 2024, 2:10:20 AMFeb 8
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd, Saroj Kasaju, Giby
I think it may be Ligustrum gamblei Ramamoorthy due to leaf size, shape and apex as per differences given in their descriptions at Biotik 1 (Ligustrum gamblei Ramamoorthy) and Biotik 2 (Ligustrum perrottetii A. DC).
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 8, 2024, 4:41:20 AMFeb 8
to J.M. Garg, Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd, Giby
Looks correct Mr. Garg !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 12, 2024, 1:47:24 AMFeb 12
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd, Giby, Saroj Kasaju
Yes, it is Ligustrum gambleidear Garg ji, thank you very much for ID my tree providing link, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Feb 12, 2024, 1:48:28 AMFeb 12
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Sheila Sadd, Giby, Saroj Kasaju
Thank you very much dear Saroj ji for ID confirmation of my tree, with kind regards, Sam.