SK 3378 30 March 2022

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 30, 2022, 8:35:14 AM3/30/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
Dear Members,

Location: National History Museum, London
Altitude: 10m.
Date: 27 March 2022
Habit : Cultivated

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_2383.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 30, 2022, 8:35:41 AM3/30/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_2384.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 30, 2022, 8:35:50 AM3/30/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_2385.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 30, 2022, 8:36:05 AM3/30/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
DSC_2386.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 30, 2022, 8:36:40 AM3/30/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
DSC_2387.JPG

Nidhan Singh

Mar 30, 2022, 11:25:37 AM3/30/22
to indiantreepix, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
Is it Skimmia...?

Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Associate Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 30, 2022, 12:07:29 PM3/30/22
to efloraindia, Nidhan Singh, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
Skimmia japonica Thunb. ??
Thank you Thank you Nidhan Sir !

Saroj Kasaju

Plantaholic Sheila.

Mar 30, 2022, 12:33:04 PM3/30/22
to efloraofindia
Interesting.
I have been thinking.
Have ruled out most evergreens in UK
Sorry but never seen a Skimmia in UK that looks like this .
Nothing seems to fit with any Skimmia that i know.

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 30, 2022, 1:25:27 PM3/30/22
to Alastair Culham, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Sheila Sadd

Thank you Ms. Sadd / Dr Culham !

Saroj Kasaju

On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 6:22 PM Alastair Culham <a.cu...@reading.ac.uk> wrote:

It might be an Ilex species or cultivar.

Alastair

___________________________________

Dr Alastair Culham

Associate Professor of Botany

Curator, University of Reading Herbarium

School Director of Academic Tutoring

School of Biological Sciences

University of Reading

Plantaholic Sheila.

Mar 31, 2022, 3:53:29 AM3/31/22
to efloraofindia

Quote..."It might be an Ilex species or cultivar.

 Alastair"

Sorry but I do not think it can be Ilex.
Mystery flowers have 5 petals.
While Ilex have just 4.

J.M. Garg

Apr 5, 2022, 1:56:48 AM4/5/22
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Is it Skimmia...?- from Nidhan ji

Skimmia japonica Thunb. ??
Thank you Thank you Nidhan Sir !

Saroj Kasaju

Interesting.
I have been thinking.
Have ruled out most evergreens in UK
Sorry but never seen a Skimmia in UK that looks like this.

Nothing seems to fit with any Skimmia that i know.- from Sheila ji

It might be an Ilex species or cultivar. - from Alastair ji

Sorry but I do not think it can be Ilex.
Mystery flowers have 5 petals.

While Ilex have just 4.- from Sheila ji