For ID110810ET

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 11, 2010, 1:16:37 AM8/11/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this flower picture on the way to Bhojwasa from Gangotri
Date/Time-7.7.10 ----12.22 p.m.
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- --- on the way to Bhojwasa from Gangotri
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- ----wild
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- plant
Height/Length- -----Around 0.5 me
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size -------as seen in the picture
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
Please give ID
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_1110.JPG

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 11, 2010, 2:04:57 AM8/11/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Potentila sp.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 11, 2010, 2:13:25 AM8/11/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
sorry for spelling, Potentilla atrosanguinea may be....
Regards
Pankaj

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 11, 2010, 2:42:50 AM8/11/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Yes could be possible, clear view of leaves would confirm it further.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Tabish

Aug 11, 2010, 3:18:01 AM8/11/10
to efloraofindia
I suspect it to be Potentilla nepalensis, mainly because of its
pinkish color, instead of reddish. However, can't say anything
confidently without seeing more aspects of the plant.
- Tabish

On Aug 11, 11:42 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes could be possible, clear view of leaves would confirm it further.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > sorry for spelling, Potentilla atrosanguinea may be....
> > Regards
> > Pankaj
>
> > On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 11, 2010, 3:53:52 AM8/11/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
I have seen the same plant with both red, dark red and orange flowers.
Secondly, I dont think they are pinkish, they are more red turning to
orange may be. Pink tinge is due to flash or extra exposure may be.
But yes, let us see the plant properly.

ATROSANGUINEA - 'atro' means black and 'sanguinea' means blood red or
dull red turning to brownish black. Hope that helps.

Regards
Pankaj

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 11, 2010, 6:28:12 AM8/11/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Tabish, efloraofindia
Sir
I have not used flash while shooting this flower also it was 12.22 p.m. slightly cloudy, possibility of over exposure is not there.

--
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam, FIE
Life Fellow
The Institution of Engineers (India)
Chartered Engineer (India)
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai

tanay bose

Aug 11, 2010, 1:37:07 PM8/11/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, Pankaj Kumar, Tabish, efloraofindia
This is Potentilla nepalensis I have herbarium with me in my house collected it from Hialaya during my aste's classes.
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant