For Id 130708JM

J.M. Garg

Jul 13, 2008, 7:25:19 AM7/13/08
to indiantreepix
On 13/7/08 at Lotus Pond, Hyderabad, AP. There are quite large beds of these plants, which were seen being watered.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Rajesh D. Sachdev

Jul 13, 2008, 8:11:56 AM7/13/08
to indiantreepix
Mr. Garg,
Twp possibilities as per your pic identification

1) Tithonia diversifolia of asteraceae family which is locally known as Kanak-gol. It is tall shrub 1-3 m high, it is native of maxico, now naturalised in Sahyadri.

It is common and abudant in roadsides as well. But, it flowers in November..that is confussion

2) Graham's Groundsel, which is known as senecio grahami in Sci. language. In local it is known as Sonki ( marathi ). Plant size is 1 mtr. high. It is found in Western Ghats.

This is also common.

J.M. Garg

Jul 14, 2008, 11:14:37 PM7/14/08
to Rajesh D. Sachdev, indiantreepix
Is it Creeping Daisy or Yellow dots (Wedelia trilobata) ? Pl. see the links: http://www.tropilab.com/yellowdots.html , http://www.floridata.com/ref/W/wedelia.cfm & http://www.magnoliagardensnursery.com/productdescrip/Wedelia_Tri.html
How is it different from Wedelia chinensis ? Here are details of it from Indiantreepix Database:
Wedelia chinensis (syn. Solidage chinensis, W. calendulacea, W. prostrata) Asteraceae Hagonoi-tsina at Chandannagore on 25/10/2007?- Debasish ji. in SGNP, Mumbai on Sunday the 29th June. http://www.bpi.da.gov.ph/Publications/mp/pdf/h/hagonoi-tsina.pdf WEDELIA - WHICH SPECIES? - indiantreepix | Google Groups Flower ID : SGNP : Railway Station - indiantreepix | Google Groups

vivekmail

Jul 14, 2008, 11:30:05 PM7/14/08
to Indiantreepix
this is a creeper, leaves are like dandelion, the flower is also a composite, i suspect they are related.a small group will grow to a large patch in no time. it is a common ornamental. i have a large patch at home, it is in flower right now.
vivek gharpure

Chandramohan Reddy

Jul 16, 2008, 3:57:00 AM7/16/08
to indiantreepix
This is creeping daisy i.e.Wedelia trilobata of Asteraceae (now
Sphagneticola trilobata?) planted in Lotus Pond during the year 1999.
Wedelia is hardy creeping plant for covering vast areas. Lot of rocky
barren patches were there in Lotus pond and to reduce radiation effect
I have selected this species for plantaing in these areas. When
compared to the lawn grass and other ground covers this requires less
maintenance.