A flower from Arunachal Pradesh-2

Kiran Srivastava

Nov 25, 2008, 9:23:05 PM11/25/08
to Flowers of India, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com, indian...@googlegroups.com

I request identification of these lovely purple flowers growing on a bush near the road?

Date: 22nd Oct 08.

Location: We were returning from Arzoo, lying between Anini and Hunli in Upper Dibang Valley, Arunachal Pradesh when my attention was drawn to numerous Spot Puffin butterflies feeding on these purple flowers.

Altitude: approx. 1100m.

Incidentally, this was the only flowering bush for quite a stretch.

Cheers,

Kiran Srivastava

Mumbai

kir...@vsnl.net

P1060259.JPG
P1060260.JPG

JM Garg

Nov 30, 2008, 7:39:14 AM11/30/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Forwarding again for Id pl.

Date: 22nd Oct 08.

Altitude: approx. 1100m.

Cheers,

Kiran Srivastava

Mumbai

kira...@vsnl.net

 P1060259.JPG
196KViewDownload

 P1060260.JPG
415KViewDownload

JM Garg

Nov 30, 2008, 8:27:30 AM11/30/08
to indiantreepix
Here is a reply from Mayur Nandikar ji:
"its looks like Pogostemon sp."
> 415KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

figtree

Nov 30, 2008, 9:17:14 AM11/30/08
to indiantreepix
Is it an aquatic herb? Looks like Pogostemon (deccanensis?) ,an
aquatic.

Kiran Srivastava

Nov 30, 2008, 10:23:44 PM11/30/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com

It is identified as Pogostemon benghalensis.

Cheers,

Kiran Srivastava

Mumbai

kir...@vsnl.net

J.M. Garg

Nov 30, 2008, 11:41:06 PM11/30/08
to Kiran Srivastava, indian...@googlegroups.com
Links for Pogostemon benghalensis:
http://www.worldagroforestry.org/sea/Products/AFDbases/af/asp/SpeciesInfo.asp?SpID=18111
(details), http://trekshitiz.com/SWPhotos/Photos_View.asp?CatID=51&PhotoID=115&PhotoPagePosition=1&CatType=Flower&From=
(a picture),
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

JM Garg

Sep 23, 2017, 6:33:30 AM9/23/17
to efloraofindia, Kiran Srivastava, V. Sampath Kumar, M Sawmliana
I think Pogostemon elsholtzioides Benth. as per images herein.
P1060259.JPG
P1060260.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 23, 2017, 8:54:32 AM9/23/17