Hooghly : seems to be Cyperus paniceus (Rottb.) Boeckeler

surajit koley

Aug 15, 2013, 1:32:24 PM8/15/13
to efloraofindia
Clipboard01.jpg
P1050522.jpg
P1050524.jpg
P1050525.jpg
P1050526.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard03.jpg
Clipboard04.jpg
P1050509.jpg
P1050511.jpg
P1050515.jpg
P1050519.jpg
P1050521.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 23, 2013, 4:44:12 AM8/23/13
to efloraofindia, ANiIL kumar, tanvee...@gmail.com, Paramjit Channa, Aaru Muga, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, Dr Preeti s, Manoj Chandran, Girish Jathar, Manish Kandwal, Nayan Singh, surajit koley

Some earlier relevant feedback:

efi pages on Cyperus cyperoides & Cyperus cyperoides ?

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2135 members & 1,61,500 messages on 31/7/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8500 species & 1,70, 000 images).
Clipboard01.jpg
P1050522.jpg
P1050524.jpg
P1050525.jpg
P1050526.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard03.jpg
Clipboard04.jpg
P1050509.jpg
P1050511.jpg
P1050515.jpg
P1050519.jpg
P1050521.jpg

surajit koley

Aug 26, 2013, 1:21:21 PM8/26/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, ANiIL kumar, tanveer khan, Paramjit Channa, Aaru Muga, nirbh...@rediffmail.com, Dr Preeti s, Manoj Chandran, Girish Jathar, Manish Kandwal, Nayan Singh
Garg Sir,

A blog on various cyperus that i often take help - http://vietnamplants.blogspot.in/2013/01/ho-lac-ho-coi-cyperaceae-phan-1.html.

Both the Cyperus cyperoides (L.) O. Kuntze and Cyperus paniceus (Rottb.) Boeckeler can be found in Central Bengal, while the first one can be seen in Assam (Bengal Plants & FBI).

I think this is Cyperus paniceus (Rottb.) Boeckeler.

Thank you,

Regards,

surajit