For ID 210709 ET

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Jul 21, 2009, 12:57:20 PM7/21/09
to indiantreepix
Hi
These two pictures I took while I was on Nature Trail at Mahuli near Asangoan
on July 19, 2009.
This plant is around 3 metre tall,you can s there was no flower.ee the fruit
Please give ID of the plant.
IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Jul 21, 2009, 1:44:12 PM7/21/09
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
... looks like Ampelocissus latifolia ... commonly known as: wild grape-vine • Bengali: gowalia lata • Gujarati: જંગલીદ્રાખ junglidrakh  • Hindi: कट्टी बेल katti-bel, पानी बेल pani-bel • Kannada: ಕಾಡು ದ್ರಾಕ್ಷಿ kaadu drakshi • Malayalam: കാടന് മുന്തിരി kaatan munthiri • Marathi: रान द्राक्ष ran draksha • Nepalese: पुरेनी pureni • Oriya: dibroli • Sanskrit: अम्लवेतसः amlavetasah, वनद्राक्ष vanadraksha • Tamil: காட்டுக்கொடிமுந்திரிகை kattu-k-koti-muntirikai • Telugu: అడవి ద్రాక్ష adavi draksha

Regards.

Swagat

Jul 22, 2009, 1:57:26 AM7/22/09
to Dinesh Valke, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Dear All,

'Ampelocissus latifolia'  syn. 'Vitis latifolia'  is called 'Jungalee Draksha' 'जंगली द्राक्ष' in Marathi

and

'Ampelocissus arnottiana'  syn. 'Vitis indica' is called 'Raan Draksha' 'रान द्राक्ष' in Marathi.

Please correct if I am mistaken.... I am trying to make 'Standerdised list of Marathi names of the Plants' as accurate as possible.

Regards,
~Swagat
9223217568

satish pardeshi

Jul 23, 2009, 1:07:11 AM7/23/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Thiru Ji
it is a climber, which grows very rapidly during monsoon. it is a
tendrillar climber, the important observing character being the
inflorescnce is associated with the tendril. the stem has very long
internodes and often turns purplish.
it is
Ampelocissus latifolia (Roxb.) Planch in J. Vigne Amer. 374, 1884;
Almeida, Fl. Mah. 1: 264, 1996; Singh et al, Fl. Mah. St. 1: 549,
2000.
Synonyms: Vitis latifolia Roxb., Fl. Ind. 661, 1832, Lawson in
Hook.f., Fl. Brit. India 1: 652, 1872; Cooke, Fl. Pres. Bombay 1: 269,
1958 (Repr.). Cissus latifolia sensu Graham, Cat. Bombay Pl. 32, 1839.
Vitis glabrata Heyne ex Roth., Nov. Sp. 156, 1821. C. latifolia Vahl,
Symb. 3: 18, 1794 (non Lamk., 1783).
Common names: Nadena, Dokela, Golinda.

regards
Satish Pardeshi
Consultant Taxonomist,
CDAC, Pune

On Jul 22, 10:57 am, Swagat <swagat1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> *'Ampelocissus latifolia'  *syn. *'Vitis latifolia'  *is called *'Jungalee
> Draksha' 'जंगली द्राक्ष' *in Marathi
>
> and
>
> *'Ampelocissus arnottiana'*  syn. *'Vitis indica' *is called* **'Raan
> Draksha'* *'रान द्राक्ष' *in Marathi.
>
> Please correct if I am mistaken.... I am trying to make 'Standerdised list
> of Marathi names of the Plants' as accurate as possible.
>
> Regards,
> ~Swagat
> 9223217568
>
> 2009/7/21 Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com>
>

> > ... looks like *Ampelocissus latifolia* ... commonly known as: wild
> > grape-vine • Bengali: gowalia lata • Gujarati: જંગલીદ્રાખ junglidrakh  •
> > Hindi: कट्टी बेल katti-bel, पानी बेल pani-bel • Kannada: ಕಾಡು ದ್ರಾಕ್ಷಿ
> > kaadu drakshi • Malayalam: കാടന് മുന്തിരി kaatan munthiri • Marathi: रान
> > द्राक्ष ran draksha • Nepalese: पुरेनी pureni • Oriya: dibroli • Sanskrit:
> > अम्लवेतसः amlavetasah, वनद्राक्ष vanadraksha • Tamil:
> > காட்டுக்கொடிமுந்திரிகை kattu-k-koti-muntirikai • Telugu: అడవి ద్రాక్ష
> > adavi draksha
>
> > ... I have some photos at
> >http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=int&w=91314344@N00&q=Ampelocissus+lat...
>
> > Regards.
>
> > On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram <
> > ethiruvenga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hi
> >> These two  pictures I took while I was on Nature Trail at Mahuli near
> >> Asangoan
> >> on July 19, 2009.
> >> This plant is around 3 metre tall,you can s there was no flower.ee the
> >> fruit
> >> Please give ID of the plant.
>
> --
> 'I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can
> do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do.' - Helen
> Keller- Hide quoted text -

Swagat

Jul 23, 2009, 2:06:09 AM7/23/09
to indiantreepix, J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke
Dear all,

'Naden' 'नादेन' (in Marathi) is not a 'Ampelocissus latifolia'  syn. 'Vitis latifolia'

'Naden' 'नादेन' (in Marathi) is 'Vitis adnata' syn. 'Cissus adnata'

'Golind' 'गोलिंद' (in Marathi) is a 'Ampelocissus latifolia'  syn. 'Vitis latifolia'

Please correct if I am mistaken.... I am trying to make 'Standerdised list of Marathi names of the Plants' as accurate as possible.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

Swagat

Jul 27, 2009, 8:19:07 AM7/27/09
to indiantreepix, J.M. Garg
Thanks a lot Gargji for the Best wishes and all the co-operation and guidence from the 'Indiatreepix Parivaar'.

~Swagat
9223217568

2009/7/25 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Hi, Swagat ji,
"I am trying to make 'Standerdised list of Marathi names of the Plants' as accurate as possible." -->>It's certainly a wonderful job. Best wishes from Indiantreepix side.