BIOTIK project

Aparna Watve

Oct 10, 2009, 9:27:42 AM10/10/09
to indiantreepix Indian
Dear all,
Hope you can take a look at this. This is a giant step towards e-flora
http://www.biotik.org/species_list_india.html

regards
aparna

--
Dr. Aparna Watve

Asha Appt, Shanti Nagar, Ekata Colony
Nr. BSNL tower, Akbar Ward,
Seoni.480661
tel: 07692-228115
mobile: (0)9755667710 and 9822597288 still works

J.M. Garg

Oct 10, 2009, 9:37:32 AM10/10/09
to Aparna Watve, indiantreepix Indian, Madhav Gadgil, Rawatg
I have all the admiration for this wonderful project!!!
Convey our congratulations to the team doing wonderful job on behalf of Indiantreepix community.
Little steps today will lead us to great wisdom tommorrow.
Similarly Forest Flora of Andhra Pradesh as per given links below, is always helpful to me for Forest Flora of Southern states:

2009/10/10 Aparna Watve <aparna...@gmail.com>
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Madhav Gadgil

Oct 11, 2009, 7:12:59 AM10/11/09
to J.M. Garg, Prajakta Pathare, Ganeshaiah, Ganeshiah KN, Aparna Watve, indiantreepix Indian, Rawatg
Dear Dr Ganeshiah, Prajakta, Please take a look at
http://www.biotik.org/species_list_india.html.
This seems an excellent attempt. I wonder if Dr Ganeshiah knows who
the Kannada enthusiasts involved are? We should be in touch with them.
--
With regards, Sincerely,
कळावे, लोभ असावा, आपला स्नेहांकित,

Madhav Gadgil

Oct 11, 2009, 7:18:14 AM10/11/09
to J.M. Garg, Prajakta Pathare, Ganeshaiah, Ganeshiah KN, Aparna Watve, indiantreepix Indian, Rawatg
The Indian leader of the BIOTIK project is Dr Ramesh of French
Institute, Pondichery.

Rawatg

Oct 11, 2009, 10:06:44 AM10/11/09
to J.M. Garg, Aparna Watve, indiantreepix Indian, Madhav Gadgil
Dear Garg ji and other friends,

Thanks a lot for the regular update. Everytime I open our website (Indiantreepix community) I get to learn about a new plant.

BIOTIK project also seems an excellent effort.

Regards,

G S Rawat
WII
---

J.M. Garg

Oct 11, 2009, 11:55:30 AM10/11/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding pl. Thess certainly are a wonderful efforts!!! Thanks, Dr. Rawat.

"Dear Garg ji,

You may have seen our recent Envis Bulletin on Special Habitats and Threatened Plants of India (pl see the recent release section at our website www.wii.gov.in).
I guess, we may update our plant database from this bulletin and also inform all the authors about our website.

Best wishes,

G Rawat
WII Dehra Dun"

Oct 11, 2009, 12:36:08 PM10/11/09
to Madhav Gadgil, rame...@ifpindia.org, J.M. Garg, Prajakta Pathare, Ganeshaiah, Ganeshiah KN, indiantreepix Indian, Rawatg
Dear All,
This is one of excellent database work carried out by French
Institute. The best person to get in touch with is Dr. B. R. Ramesh
(mail cced to him). I remember his very impressive presentation on
this subject, and with their experience in this field, the accuracy of
data is guaranteed.
Regards
Aparna