ID request-011011-PKA3

Prashant awale

Oct 1, 2011, 1:20:28 PM10/1/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

I had seen this erect herb in the Buckwheat filed at "Turtuk" Village, Ladakh.

Date/Time: 18-09-2011/ 05:20PM
Location: Turtuk Village (This village is closer to LOC), Ladakh
Plant habit: Herb
Habitat: Wild.

Regards
Prashant
IMG_2356.jpg
IMG_2357.jpg
IMG_2358.jpg
IMG_2359.jpg

Balkar Arya

Oct 1, 2011, 10:00:57 PM10/1/11
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Saponaria sp
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 1, 2011, 10:14:44 PM10/1/11
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Commonest weedy Silene, S. conoidea

Saponaria has only 5 veins

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Oct 1, 2011, 10:29:53 PM10/1/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Thanks for correction Sir
 but 5 veins where??

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 1, 2011, 10:51:44 PM10/1/11
to Balkar Arya, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
On the calyx, and in Saponaria edges of calyx are slightly winged

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Arya

Oct 1, 2011, 10:53:12 PM10/1/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Thanks Sir for clarification

Prashant awale

Oct 2, 2011, 12:27:41 AM10/2/11
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks Balkar ji, Gurcharan Singh ji for the responses and the ID "Silene conoidea".

I was told by the villagers that this herb is often seen in the Buckwheat field at Turtuk village during August end to September.
Regards
Prashant

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 2, 2011, 1:02:01 AM10/2/11
to Prashant awale, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Yes common weed in fields