Tree's sporting the summer look #5 of 15 | IDRequest- 08Apr10AR02

raghu ananth

Apr 8, 2010, 1:03:02 AM4/8/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Nature's amazing print pattern !

Date/Time-27 Mar 2010

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-Mamandur, Andhra Pradesh,

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Wild, Eastern ghats, Dry river bed

lant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Tree

Height/Length-approx - 50-60 feet

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-  Summer, Young green and red leaves, 6 inches, Leaves Opposite, Base acute, Apex acuminate

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-  No flowers observed

Regional name: Nimilodaga tree

Regards
Raghu

DSC_0512a.jpg
DSC_0511a.jpg
DSC_0510a.jpg
DSC_0507b.jpg
DSC_0513a.jpg
DSC_0508b.jpg
DSC_0512b.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 8, 2010, 7:26:18 AM4/8/10
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Raghu ji
I suppose Schleichera oleosa also known as kussum,  kusumb; , lac tree, gum lac tree, ceylone oak, macassar oil tree,

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pankaj Oudhia

Apr 8, 2010, 7:31:46 AM4/8/10
to Gurcharan Singh, raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes it looks like Kusum tree. Please see these links

http://ecoport.org/ep?SearchType=pdb&PdbID=102108
http://ecoport.org/ep?SearchType=pdb&PdbID=102203
http://ecoport.org/ep?SearchType=pdb&PdbID=102106

Last year Dr.Biswas from Bhopal posted picture of Kusum at same time to the group.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

Parjanya guru

Apr 8, 2010, 7:50:14 AM4/8/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, Gurcharan Singh, raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Based on the personally observed colorisation of this  plant,
. I agree with Gurucharan Jee..The plant is definately Schleichera oleosa = S. trijuga.