Request for ID- 290510RA1

Rashida Atthar

May 29, 2010, 3:07:02 AM5/29/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Saw this Glochidion flowering, request species ID , is it  Glochidion ellipticum- Bhooma? Thank you.

Date/Time :

Location- Place, altitude and GPS:

Anashi WLS, Karnataka.

Habitat- garden/ urban/wild/type:

Wild

Plant Habit-tree/shrub/climber/herb:

Tree

Height/length:

small

Leaves-type/shape/size:

Elliptic, lanceolate, glabrous

Inflorescence type /size:

Clusters almost  sessile 1 to 2 mm pedicels.

Flowers-size/colour/calyx/bracts:

Small,  green

Fruits type-shape/size/seeds:

----

Fragrance/odour/pollinator/uses  and so on:

---

 regards,

Rashida.

Glochidion1.JPG
Glochidion2.JPG
Glochidion3.JPG
Glochidion4.JPG
Glochidion5.JPG
Glochidion6.JPG

Neil Soares

May 29, 2010, 4:03:28 AM5/29/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Rashida Atthar
Hi Rashida,
  This does not look like Glochidion ellipticum [G.hohenakeri]. Sending you some of my photographs of Bhoma for comparison [though they are not very clear].
                         Regards,
                           Neil.

--- On Sat, 5/29/10, Rashida Atthar <atthar....@gmail.com> wrote:

 regards,

Rashida.

Glochidion ellipticum [G. hohenackeri], Bhoma.jpg
Glochidion ellipticum, Bhoma leaves & flowers.jpg

Rashida Atthar

May 29, 2010, 7:29:58 AM5/29/10
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Neil. Shall await further inputs.

regards,
Rashida.

tanay bose

May 29, 2010, 8:48:47 AM5/29/10
to Rashida Atthar, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rashida Ji,
I hope this plant is Glochidion ferdinandi commonly known as " Cheese Tree".
Regards
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Rashida Atthar

May 29, 2010, 10:45:01 AM5/29/10
to tanay bose, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tanay ji, not quite convincing, floral buds look different? Shall await further inputs.

regards,
Rashida.

J.M. Garg

Jun 13, 2010, 2:04:29 AM6/13/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, rashida atthar, tanay bose, Neil Soares, Vijayasankar Raman, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, satish pardeshi
... some species of Casearia ?
Regards.

satish pardeshi

Jun 14, 2010, 12:01:22 PM6/14/10
to indiantreepix

Looks like Casaeria
 Regards
--
Satish Pardeshi
Plant Taxonomist

Muthu Karthick

Jun 15, 2010, 1:33:45 AM6/15/10
to satish pardeshi, indiantreepix
Caesaria spp. are of Flacourtiaceae family; would this be?
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
Chennai - 61
www.careearthtrust.org

Rashida Atthar

Jun 18, 2010, 5:23:02 AM6/18/10
to Muthu Karthick, satish pardeshi, indiantreepix
Thank you Dinesh ji, Satish Pardeshi ji and Muthu ji for the possible ID. I looked for Caesaria sp. and once again looked up for Glochidion, could not resolve the ID. Shall await till someone can resolve it !

regards,
Rashida.

J.M. Garg

Jun 29, 2010, 8:34:43 AM6/29/10
to efloraofindia, rashida atthar, Neil Soares, Dinesh Valke, satish pardeshi, tanay bose, Vijayasankar Raman, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Prashant awale, Muthu Karthick

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“... some species of Casearia ?
Regards
Dinesh”

Looks like Casaeria
 Regards
Satish Pardeshi”

Caesaria spp. are of Flacourtiaceae family; would this be?
Muthu K.”

"Thank you Dinesh ji, Satish Pardeshi ji and Muthu ji for the possible ID. I looked for Caesaria sp. and once again looked up for Glochidion, could not resolve the ID. Shall await till someone can resolve it !
regards,
Rashida."

Jun 29, 2010, 9:53:59 AM6/29/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, rashida atthar, Neil Soares, Dinesh Valke, satish pardeshi, tanay bose, Vijayasankar Raman, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Prashant awale, Muthu Karthick
I think  I can safely conclude this to be Casearia ovata (Lamk.) willd- Flacourtiaceae. The pictures and description match very well with Biotik data.

regards,
Rashida.

Smilax004

Jun 29, 2010, 1:21:46 PM6/29/10
to efloraofindia
It is Casearia ovata of FLACOURTIACEAE family

Regards
Giby

On Jun 29, 6:53 pm, Rashida Atthar <atthar.rash...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think  I can safely conclude this to be Casearia ovata (Lamk.) willd-
> Flacourtiaceae. The pictures and description match very well with Biotik
> data.
>
> regards,
> Rashida.
>

> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 6:04 PM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> > Some earlier relevant feedback:
> > “... *some species of Casearia ?
> > *Regards
> > Dinesh”
>
> > “*Looks like Casaeria*
> >  Regards
> > Satish Pardeshi”
>
> > “*Caesaria spp. are of Flacourtiaceae family; would this be?*
> > Muthu K.”
>
> > "Thank you Dinesh ji, Satish Pardeshi ji and Muthu ji for the possible ID.
> > * I looked for Caesaria sp. and once again looked up for Glochidion, could
> > not resolve the ID. Shall await till someone can resolve it !*
> > indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com<indiantreepix%2Bunsubscribe@goog legroups.com>
> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.
>
> > --
> > With regards,
> > J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> > 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> > Image Resource of more than a thousand species of Birds, Butterflies,
> > Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):
> >http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
> > For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Efloraofindia:
> >http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix
>
> >  --
> > .

Smilax004

Jun 29, 2010, 1:25:22 PM6/29/10
to efloraofindia

Glochidion ferdinandi is an Australian species.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glochidion_ferdinandi

Regards,
Giby

On May 29, 5:48 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Rashida Ji,
> I hope this plant is *Glochidion ferdinandi* commonly known as " Cheese

Prashant awale

Jun 30, 2010, 3:06:46 AM6/30/10
to Smilax004, efloraofindia, Rashida Atthar
Dear Rashida ji,
Check for Garcinia sp.. May be Garcinia talbotii  .( Family: Clusiaceae).
regards
Prashant

Giby Kuriakose

Jun 30, 2010, 3:16:24 AM6/30/10
to Prashant awale, efloraofindia, Rashida Atthar
It is not Garcinia. Garcinia is very peculier with its leaf venation and Garcinia leaves are much thicker. Please check the characters for Casearia ovata (Flacaurtiaceae) in flora and herbarium . This plant is none other than Casearia ovata.

Regards
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE
Royal Enclave,

JM Garg

Jul 13, 2020, 12:13:06 AM7/13/20
to efloraofindia
I think it should be Casearia zeylanica as per images and details herein.
Glochidion1.JPG
Glochidion2.JPG
Glochidion3.JPG
Glochidion4.JPG