Id?

Pradnya Shenoy

Sep 3, 2008, 4:16:54 AM9/3/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Taken at sawantwadi in aug 2008
dr pradnya
DSC_0274.JPG

Chitra Shanker

Sep 3, 2008, 8:42:04 AM9/3/08
to Pradnya Shenoy, indian...@googlegroups.com
wild til sesamum orientale
Chitra

J.M. Garg

Sep 4, 2008, 10:16:29 PM9/4/08
to Chitra Shanker, Pradnya Shenoy, indian...@googlegroups.com
As per Shrikant ji's book it's Sesamum mulayanum.

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

Geeta Rane

Sep 5, 2008, 1:41:13 AM9/5/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I found this  on grassland of GIB sanctuary,Nannaj -Dist.Solapur in Maharashtra.
RE.: size of photo : I would suggest for beginners to try this free download @ their own discretion please.
hope this helps,
thanks
WithPrayers
geeta

redflower near tower Nannaj GIB Sanctuary.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 7, 2008, 1:25:59 PM9/7/08
to Geeta Rane, indian...@googlegroups.com
Here is Srikant ji's reply:
"Dear Geeta
This is Sesamum laciniatum, a prostrate plant of the dry regions. Please note the lip of the corolla which is touching the ground. This helps the tiny ground insects (pollinators)to climb into the flower. You might have noted the cut (laciniated) margins of leaves. Regds
Shrikant Ingalhalikar "

J.M. Garg

Ashwini Vaidya

Sep 13, 2008, 2:03:34 PM9/13/08
to indiantreepix
This is interesting..When I had gone to Nanaj, I observed a sunbird
feeding on a similar looking flower on the ground. I had photographed
it as well, but unable to locate it now.

JM Garg

May 19, 2020, 12:17:14 PM5/19/20
to Geeta Rane, efloraofindia
Now,
Sesamum prostratum Retz., Observ. bot. 4:28. 1786-1787 ("1786") (syn: Sesamum laciniatum Klein ex Willd.; Sesamum prostratum var. laciniatum (Klein ex Willd.) Seidenst.; Volkameria laciniata (Klein ex Willd.) Kuntze; Volkameria prostrata (Retz.) Kuntze) as per Systematics and evolution in Sesamum L. (Pedaliaceae), part 1: Evidence regarding the origin of sesame and its closest relatives (2015);