Help me to identify this flowering plant.

Debasish Joardar

Jul 14, 2007, 9:02:58 AM7/14/07
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Friends,

Photographed in September,2006- at the side of the railway track near Dankuni (Dist. Hooghly).
Can be seen at roadside, open fields in west Bengal.
Wild.
Blooming time-September to December.

Help me to identify this flowering plant.

Debasish Joardar.

5, 50, 500, 5000. Store N number of mails in your inbox. Click here.

100B3630.JPG
100B3650.JPG
100B3680.JPG
100B3690.JPG

Debasish Joardar

Jul 15, 2007, 1:47:55 PM7/15/07
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Friends,

Photographed in September,2006- at the side of the railway track near Dankuni (Dist. Hooghly).
Can be seen at roadside, open fields in west Bengal.
Wild.
Blooming time-September to December.

Help me to identify this flowering plant.

Debasish Joardar.

Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download.

100B3630.JPG
100B3650.JPG
100B3680.JPG
100B3690.JPG

DEBASISH JOARDAR

Jul 15, 2007, 11:36:04 PM7/15/07
to indiantreepix
Hi,

Is it Coral vine? (Anantalata in Bengali).
Scientific name : Antigonon leptopus.

Debasish Joardar

On Jul 15, 10:47 pm, Debasish Joardar <djoardar1...@yahoo.co.in>
wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>
> Photographed in September,2006- at the side of the railway track near Dankuni (Dist. Hooghly).
> Can be seen at roadside, open fields in west Bengal.
> Wild.
> Blooming time-September to December.
>
> Help me to identify this flowering plant.
>
> Debasish Joardar.
>

> ---------------------------------

> Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download.
>

> 100B3630.JPG
> 149KViewDownload
>
> 100B3650.JPG
> 125KViewDownload
>
> 100B3680.JPG
> 131KViewDownload
>
> 100B3690.JPG
> 144KViewDownload

Leena Taneja Rao

Jul 17, 2007, 1:00:16 AM7/17/07
to DEBASISH JOARDAR, indian...@googlegroups.com
Debashish,

You're right, it is Antigonon. It is not wild, however, though it often 'escapes' from cultivation. It is found almost invariably near railway yards/buildings/government houses - planted during the British days, apparently - and used to be called 'the railway creeper' in my childhood.

Regards,
Leena Taneja Rao.

DEBASISH JOARDAR

Jul 17, 2007, 1:18:37 AM7/17/07
to indiantreepix
Thanks for the correction and information.

Debasish Joardar