Celosia argentea var. plumosa?(Samir Takaochi)

Samir Takaochi

Feb 2, 2009, 1:45:45 PM2/2/09
to indiantreepix
Is it Celosia argentea var. plumosa?

I searched on web but I was not able to find similar photo.

Could someone advise me for ID?

Place: Delhi
Height: 50cm

flower.jpg
overall.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Feb 2, 2009, 10:28:17 PM2/2/09
to Samir Takaochi, indiantreepix
Samir ji,
please take a look at these addresses:
I get the feeling you have var. cristata.
Regards.

Samir Takaochi

Feb 2, 2009, 11:06:47 PM2/2/09
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Dinesh ji, thank you very much for information!

It looks being at between plumosa and cristata.

My friend told me and also I saw writing on web that there are species which is being at between plumosa and cristata.

I found species called C. cristata plumosa group but photo does not match with my photo.

(Discription)
(Picture)
(Picture)

It might be difficult to find exact name, so I think it might be better to say "C. cristata plumosa group cv." or "C. cristata plumosa cv.".  I d like to listen to your opinion.

Dinesh Valke

Feb 2, 2009, 11:39:57 PM2/2/09
to Samir Takaochi, indiantreepix
No Samir ji, I am not at good at varieties, cultivars ... that always confuses me.

Samir Takaochi

Feb 2, 2009, 11:42:25 PM2/2/09
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
me too, Dinesh ji. I will try searching further on web