Which red fruit is this ? ID – 091011SC1

Shobha Chavda

Oct 9, 2011, 9:14:52 AM10/9/11
to indiantreepix

Request for ID –  091011SC1

Dear Friends

Posting a photo of this red fruit for Id.Not very sure whether the leaves seen are of the same climber as the photo was taken from a far distance.

Date / Time – 18.09. 2011 / 11.00 am.

Location – Place – Kakuli Lake,Badalapur (Near Kalyan),Maharashtra

Habitat – Garden/ Urban/ Wild / Type – Wild

Regards,

Shobha

Copy of Badalapur 072.jpg
Copy of Badalapur 073.jpg

H S

Oct 9, 2011, 9:33:36 AM10/9/11
to Shobha Chavda, indiantreepix

I guess Trichosanthes tricuspidata (Cucurbitaceae)

regards,

--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Oct 9, 2011, 10:24:31 AM10/9/11
to efloraofindia
I am not sure if those leaves belong to the plant. If yes then why not
Argyreia sp.
Pankaj
>  Copy of Badalapur 072.jpg
> 265KViewDownload
>
>  Copy of Badalapur 073.jpg
> 253KViewDownload

H S

Oct 9, 2011, 10:26:19 AM10/9/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Pankaj ji and all please note that i have wriiten name for fruit,, definately Leaves are of some Convolvulaceae member,,

regards,

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 9, 2011, 10:28:52 AM10/9/11
to H S, efloraofindia
No problems dear. I have this habit of asking questions but its never
meant at pointing fingers at others...just that when I ask questions,
I am one of the person whom it is addressed to, too!!!
Pankaj

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer

Office:
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

Residence:
36B, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun
Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

email: pku...@kbfg.org
       sahani...@gmail.com
       pankaj...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
       +852 9436 6251; +852 5431 6094 (mobile)

Balkar Singh

Oct 9, 2011, 11:46:27 AM10/9/11
to Pankaj Kumar, H S, efloraofindia
Some mixing more pics needed to guess id
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

J.M. Garg

Mar 22, 2020, 6:51:33 AM3/22/20
to efloraofindia, shobha chavda
Fruits are of Trichosanthes bracteata (Lam.) Voigt as per Revision of the Trichosanthes tricuspidata – bracteata complex (Cucurbitaceae) in India- Savita Pandey, T.S. Rana and K.N. Nair- Rheedea Vol. 26 (2) 83-93 2016
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

Copy of Badalapur 072.jpg
Copy of Badalapur 073.jpg