is it jakh-munshia?

2 views
Skip to first unread message

sid

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 11:30:18 AM6/16/10
to efloraofindia
Can anyone guide me on this native flowering creeper that might be
sounds like "jakh-munshia"? Have I got the name correct? Or what is
the correct name? Any info on the creeper will be appreciated.

Regards
Siddartha

mani nair

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 1:32:19 PM6/16/10
to sid, efloraofindia
Can you please send the picture of  the creeper with flower, it will be more easier to identify.

Regards,

Mani.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To post to this group, send email to indian...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.


sid

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 8:56:33 PM6/16/10
to efloraofindia
I was told about this creeper but do not have its picture.

I am also making a round of enquiries in the nurseries in my place.

Regards
Siddartha

On Jun 16, 10:32 pm, mani nair <mani.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you please send the picture of  the creeper with flower, it will be more
> easier to identify.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mani.
>
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:00 PM, sid <sikd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can anyone guide me on this native flowering creeper that might be
> > sounds like "jakh-munshia"? Have I got the name correct? Or what is
> > the correct name? Any info on the creeper will be appreciated.
>
> > Regards
> > Siddartha
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "efloraofindia" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to indian...@googlegroups.com.
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com<indiantreepix%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

sid

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 9:14:58 PM6/16/10
to efloraofindia
Another member who responded to me separately has perhaps got it. It
is Jacquemontia pentantha, an exotic climber commonly grown in gardens
with beautiful blue flowers. In english it is called as Skyblue
Clustervine. (pic: http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Skyblue%20Clustervine.html)

Regards
Siddartha

On Jun 16, 10:32 pm, mani nair <mani.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you please send the picture of  the creeper with flower, it will be more
> easier to identify.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mani.
>
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:00 PM, sid <sikd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can anyone guide me on this native flowering creeper that might be
> > sounds like "jakh-munshia"? Have I got the name correct? Or what is
> > the correct name? Any info on the creeper will be appreciated.
>
> > Regards
> > Siddartha
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "efloraofindia" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to indian...@googlegroups.com.
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com<indiantreepix%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages