Leea asiatica (L.)Ridsdale

Rashida Atthar

May 31, 2010, 2:57:16 AM5/31/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Saw Leea asiatica (L.) flowering at Kulgi WLS, Karnataka last week of April, '10.

regards,
Rashida.

Leea asiatica Shrub.JPG
Leea asiatica shrub 2.JPG
Leea asiatica flowers.JPG
Leea asiatica leaves.JPG

Neil Soares

May 31, 2010, 3:10:59 AM5/31/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Rashida Atthar
Hi Rashida,
  It looks like Leea indica [which flowers in April]. Leea asiatica flowers later from July to September. Please check.
                      Regards,
                        Neil.

Smilax004

May 31, 2010, 4:02:16 AM5/31/10
to efloraofindia
Yes, it is most probably Leea indica.

Regards
Giby

On May 31, 12:10 pm, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Rashida,
>   It looks like Leea indica [which flowers in April]. Leea asiatica flowers later from July to September. Please check.
>                       Regards,
>                         Neil.

tanay bose

May 31, 2010, 8:28:34 AM5/31/10
to Smilax004, efloraofindia
I too think Leea indica.!!!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Rashida Atthar

May 31, 2010, 8:37:40 AM5/31/10
to tanay bose, Smilax004, efloraofindia
Thanks Neil, Giby ji and Tanay ji. Can you please indicate the exact difference between the two. I am  confused.

regards,
Rashida.

Gurcharan Singh

May 31, 2010, 9:06:52 AM5/31/10
to Rashida Atthar, tanay bose, Smilax004, efloraofindia
Rashida ji
Among other things leaves of L. asiatica are pinnate, mostly 3-foliate whereas they are 2-3 pinnate in L. indica, clearly seen in your photograph Number Three.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Rashida Atthar

May 31, 2010, 9:21:42 AM5/31/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Smilax004, efloraofindia
Thank you for the clarification Sir.

regards,
Rashida.