some flowers for u

nitu

Aug 13, 2007, 10:22:15 AM8/13/07
to WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi! taken during my walk  at Lodhi Garden today.excuse the poor image(taken on mobile) of tectona grandis.wanted to show u the fruit which is a hard bony nut .some flowers can also be seen amongst the fruits.will try and post a better pic.in mussaenda the pink ones are the expanded sepals

Once upon a time there was 1 GB storage in your inbox. Click here for happy ending.
mussaenda erythropylla 'Rosea.jpg
teak.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 14, 2007, 1:11:15 AM8/14/07
to nitu, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Her are a little better pictures of Tectona gradis (Teak) with green fruits taken in July, while with dried fruits in Feb. in Kolkata. Fruit is a small hard stone covered with dense wool & enveloped in a papery jacket.

"Enjoy every moment of your life"

For learning about our trees & plants, please visit http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
Fruit (Tectona grandis) I IMG_3434.jpg
Flower, fruit & leaves (Tectona Grandis) I IMG_8818.jpg

JM Garg

May 9, 2021, 7:56:19 AM5/9/21
to efloraofindia, NituS
Musseanda philippica 'Queen Sirikit'