Indigofera astragalina (?)

J.M. Garg

Nov 23, 2009, 12:36:49 PM11/23/09
to indiantreepix

On 21/11/09 in Osmania University, Hyderabad, A.P.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Indigofera astragalina (Phulzadi) I IMG_4054.jpg
Indigofera astragalina (Phulzadi) I IMG_4055.jpg
Indigofera astragalina (Phulzadi) I2 IMG_4053.jpg
Indigofera astragalina (Phulzadi) I2 IMG_4055.jpg
Indigofera astragalina (Phulzadi) I IMG_4056.jpg

Nayan Singh

Nov 23, 2009, 9:44:12 PM11/23/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Yes Garg ji
your plant is Indigofera astragalina
Thanks
Nayan.
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Nov 23, 2009, 10:14:58 PM11/23/09
to Nayan Singh, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
... many a times, surprisingly not much is discussed about species on WWW though the species itself is found commonly. I. astralgina, as per NPGS / GRIN is native to tropical countries of Africa and Asia:

AFRICA
Northeast Tropical Africa: Chad; Eritrea; Sudan
East Tropical Africa: Kenya; Tanzania; Uganda
West-Central Tropical Africa: Burundi; Cameroon; Sao Tome and Principe; Zaire
West Tropical Africa: Mali; Mauritania; Niger; Nigeria; Senegal
South Tropical Africa: Angola; Malawi; Mozambique; Zambia; Zimbabwe
Southern Africa: Botswana; Namibia; South Africa - Transvaal

ASIA-TROPICAL
Indian Subcontinent: Bangladesh; Bhutan; India - Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Dadra and N. Haveli, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Orissa, Pondicherry, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal; Nepal; Pakistan; Sri Lanka
Indo-China: Myanmar

AND naturalized in West Indies.

BUT these are all the names that could be compiled: ... hairy indigo, silky indigo • Marathi: फूलझडी phuljhadi, रानमेथी raanmethi

Please share the local names of this plant.

Thanks and regards.