Plant for ID SMP 20Mar 2010

Satish Phadke

Mar 20, 2010, 1:32:59 AM3/20/10
to indiantreepix Indian
Saw this plant today in an open plot in the heart of Pune city growing gregariously. Appears to be a shrub with sturdy stem and branches but they are all green herbaceous so may be a herb. Terete with longitudinal lines?sulcate. Height 10 feet.
Beautiful colours.
Requesting for ID.
Dr Phadke Satish

Date/Time-

20 March2010 10am

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-

Pune city ; Open plot

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

Wild…..Might be escaped cultivar

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-

Shrub with green stem

Height/Length-

10 feet

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Trifoliate Terminal leaflet up to 8 cm

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Axillary raceme?

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

2 cm. Outside colour red(Bud) Inside yellow

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

DSCN5440s.jpg
DSCN5445s.jpg
DSCN5443s.jpg
DSCN5444s.jpg

tanay bose

Mar 20, 2010, 2:17:37 AM3/20/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Dear Satish ji,
Is this any species of Cajanus? I have seen this type of leaf in Arhar Dal its leaf is used to treat jaundice.
Regards
tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Parjanya guru

Mar 20, 2010, 2:43:19 AM3/20/10
to tanay bose, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
I suspect on  Flemingea...
???

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 5, 2010, 7:12:50 AM4/5/10
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke, satish pardeshi, TANAY BOSE
Resurfacing again for ID

earlier feedback

Prajanya ji.........................................I suspect on  Flemingea...

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

DSCN5440s.jpg
DSCN5445s.jpg
DSCN5443s.jpg
DSCN5444s.jpg

Rohit Patel

Apr 6, 2010, 12:48:21 AM4/6/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Satish Phadke, satish pardeshi, TANAY BOSE
Cajanus cajans ???????????
--
ROHITKUMAR M.PATEL
Asst. Project cordinator

tanay bose

Apr 6, 2010, 1:12:06 AM4/6/10
to Rohit Patel, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Satish Phadke, satish pardeshi
Dear Rohit Ji,
The plant shows all the character similar to Cajanus cajan (Linn.) Millsp,but only the floral character better to say the colour is giving me a trouble. In C cajan the corolla bright yellow with reddish brown or crimson lines but here we find the red lines are absent which is substantiated by complete red colour. Have seen or came across any such variety of this plant?
Regards
Tanay

Pravin Kawale

Apr 6, 2010, 1:53:28 AM4/6/10
to tanay bose, Rohit Patel, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Satish Phadke, satish pardeshi
Hi,
Sending the photographs of Cajanus cajan
Marathi name :Tur
for reference
Thanks

>>> indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com<indiantreepix%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

>>> .
>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.
>>>

>>> --

>>> indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com<indiantreepix%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

>>> .
>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.
>>>

>> --
>> ROHITKUMAR M.PATEL
>> Asst. Project cordinator
>> (Grassland development)
>> AHKC unit,Sahjeevan
>> 175, Jalaram Society,
>> Vijay Nagar
>> Bhuj Kachchh- 370001
>> Gujarat, India
>> www.sahjeevan.org
>> E-mail (2):-rohitpa...@yahoo.com
>> Mo.:- 09724337687
>>

> --
> Tanay Bose
> +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> 9830439691(Mobile)
> 9674221362 (Mobile)
>

> --

Pravin

tur.JPG

Satish Chile

Apr 6, 2010, 2:06:07 AM4/6/10
to Pravin Kawale, tanay bose, Rohit Patel, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Satish Phadke, satish pardeshi
But for the color of corolla it looks like Cajanus cajan. Let the fruit be set. Color, texture of the leaves are like Tuvar or Rahar.
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile
Message has been deleted

Pravir

Apr 6, 2010, 8:20:26 AM4/6/10
to efloraofindia
Dear all

Its a Cajanus cajans, may be any variety of it.

On Apr 6, 11:06 am, Satish Chile <chilesat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But for the color of corolla it looks like Cajanus cajan. Let the fruit be
> set. Color, texture of the leaves are like Tuvar or Rahar.
>

> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Pravin Kawale <kawale.pra...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > Sending the photographs of Cajanus cajan
> > Marathi name :Tur
> > for reference
> > Thanks
>

> > On 4/6/10, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Dear Rohit Ji,
> > > The plant shows all the character similar to *Cajanus cajan* (Linn.)
> > > Millsp,but only the floral character better to say the colour is giving
> > me a
> > > trouble. In *C cajan* the corolla bright yellow with reddish brown or
> > > crimson lines but here we find the red lines are absent which is
> > > substantiated by complete red colour. Have seen or came across any such
> > > variety of this plant?
> > > Regards
> > > Tanay

> > <indiantreepix%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<indiantreepix%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

> > <indiantreepix%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<indiantreepix%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

> > > --
> > > Tanay Bose
> > > +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> > > 9830439691(Mobile)
> > > 9674221362 (Mobile)
>
> > > --

> > Pravin
>
> > --

> Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

tanay bose

Apr 6, 2010, 9:01:51 AM4/6/10
to Pravir, efloraofindia
Dear All,
I too think this is Cajanus cajan . I hope this is a result of escape cultivation. Any hybrid variety or something like that
Regards
Tanay

Satish Phadke

Apr 15, 2010, 11:33:55 AM4/15/10
to indiantreepix Indian
I could visit the plant again yesterday and could find the pods. The watchman said it is some kind of Tur and they were eating the seeds. I also ate it and found it tasty.
It certainly looks like some varity of Tur. Cajanus cajan
The colour of flower is just mesmerizing.
Dr Phadke Satish
DSCN5909s.jpg

Satish Phadke

Apr 15, 2010, 11:36:30 AM4/15/10
to indiantreepix Indian

tanay bose

Apr 15, 2010, 11:51:35 AM4/15/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
I also think it to be C cajan probably some kind of variety or cultivar!!
Tanay

Balkar Arya

Apr 15, 2010, 10:36:35 PM4/15/10
to tanay bose, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Dear All
Common cultivar of C Cajan grown here in Haryana

Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat