Shrub for ID : Borgad Conservation Reserve : Nasik : 22SEP21 : AK - 033

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 22, 2021, 12:52:49 AM9/22/21
to efloraofindia
A shrub seen at the base of Borgad a few days ago.
No flowers or fruits.
Aarti
20210918_084357.jpg
20210918_084353.jpg
20210918_084348.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Sep 25, 2021, 9:45:01 AM9/25/21
to efloraofindia
Flacourtia indica,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
09/25/21, 07:14:13 PM

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 25, 2021, 12:16:48 PM9/25/21
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Paradesi Ji,
Thanks for this id.
Regards,
Aarti

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAPTGuvHzKyeV0ui0QQU5VgYhsvb1fe%3DZsB_PBbdp6Cc2YhWQiw%40mail.gmail.com.

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 25, 2021, 10:51:38 PM9/25/21
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Paradesi Ji,
Would these shrubs be the same?
The leaves are thick, rubbery.
Regards,
Aarti

20210925_085956.jpg
20210925_090004.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 2, 2021, 2:44:40 AM10/2/21
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
I think it is more closer to images at Flacourtia latifolia (Hook. f. & Thomson) T. Cooke as per comparative images at Flacourtia.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Oct 2, 2021, 2:45:01 AM10/2/21
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Aarti S. Khale

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 2, 2021, 2:58:33 AM10/2/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks Garg Ji.
The subsequent two images I had added has been suggested by Paradesi Ji as Carissa spinarum.
Both looked the same to me, so I got a bit confused.
I can add more pictures in another post if required (of Carissa spinarum).
Regards,
Aarti

J.M. Garg

Oct 7, 2021, 7:25:51 AM10/7/21
to Aarti S. Khale, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Yes, Paradesi ji is right as per images at Carissa spinarum
Even original posted images are also of C.spinarum except for the 2nd image.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 7, 2021, 12:30:53 PM10/7/21
to J.M. Garg, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg Ji.
The first set of three images is from the same shrub.
Next set of two pictures is from another shrub.
Should I take all of them as Carissa spinarum then?
Regards,
Aarti