374 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 10, 2022, 4:06:35 AM10/10/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram, Thodupuzha, Idukki Dist., Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 05OCT2022, 04.25pm

Habitat: wild moisture, wet soil, misty evergreen hill forest, no sunlight

Plant habit: globular cluster immature yellowish 03cm diameter, rosette matured un branched, stem not visible, annual

Height: 08cm

Leaves: no leaves

Flower:  globular racemose clustered, diameter:10mm, off white, lite fragrance

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20221005162829_IMG_2202.JPG
20221005162942_IMG_2204.JPG
20221005163041_IMG_2206.JPG
20221005162710_IMG_2198.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 10, 2022, 4:11:09 AM10/10/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221005163143_IMG_2209.jpg
20221005163103_IMG_2207.JPG
20221005163125_IMG_2208.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 10, 2022, 4:14:40 AM10/10/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images.
20221005163212_IMG_2211.JPG
20221005163228_IMG_2212.JPG
20221005163243_IMG_2213.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 10, 2022, 4:16:17 AM10/10/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220809120627_IMG_0006.JPG
20220813143425_IMG_0162.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 10, 2022, 4:17:31 AM10/10/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221005163422_IMG_2215.JPG
20221008124851_IMG_2317.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 10, 2022, 4:22:06 AM10/10/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20221005163406_IMG_2214.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 10, 2022, 4:24:30 AM10/10/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Balanophora fungosa var. indica (Arn.) B.Hansen /Balanophora indica (Arn.) Griff.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 10, 2022, 4:36:10 AM10/10/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Yes, it is

Balanophora indica

, dear Saroj ji, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 10, 2022, 4:47:04 AM10/10/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
OK Sam . Some sites say B. indica as a synonym  and some say Balanophora fungosa var. indica !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 10, 2022, 5:22:48 AM10/10/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Great set of images, Sam ji.
I also agree.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 10, 2022, 5:39:26 AM10/10/22
to J.M. Garg, Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 10, 2022, 6:10:27 AM10/10/22
to Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Saroj ji, Garg ji, All Members,
Thank you very much for ID my plant and the great appreciation, with kind regards, Sam.